Graphics
XFX HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anyone know of a way to enable the usb ports to activate the high powered charge mode? I've got an iPhone and an iPad. They both connect fine, but the iPhone is the only one that will actually charge off of the usb ports. The iPad keeps saying "Not Charging". Any help would be appreciated. :D
Thanks,
clarkkent08

The iPad charger outputs 2A. At 5v it's a 10w charger, compared to the normal 5w iphone one. So, they're different, keep it in mind and don't use the iphone one on your ipad.

The iPad requires alot of current to charge. I don't think there is any way for a computer usb port to provide 2A safely, I think the typical spec is 0.5A. BUT, even though it says not charging it is actually charging, just very slowly depending on how much current is usually output from the port. If anything, it won't discharge while in use. Try leaving it for an hour without using it and you'll see it going up in charge.

Ok I'll check that out. I have noticed though that when I plug in the iPad into my little macbook it charges with no problem. Kinda crazy. :crazy:

I did notice on gigabytes site that they have software for the pc that will "turn up the power" for usb on the pc side of things for charging devices such as the iPad. Not sure if anything like that exists on Hackintosh yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back