CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I’m looking to put together a high quality hackintosh for audio mixing in Pro Tools. I haven’t built a computer before, much less a hackintosh, but I’m wanting to learn more and so I’m coming to you for help. Here’s what I’ve picked out as my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
(2) Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
(2) Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card
NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

From what I understand, I should be able to get Thunderbolt 3 working if I install the drivers in the windows side, and plug in the UAD Apollo 8 or whatever I want before start up. Will I need to change anything in the BIOS? Does this build look viable?

Also, would it be worth it to wait until Black Friday to start buying parts? My budget is $1500, but I’d like to get it down to $1200, and my current build is $1325.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I’m looking to put together a high quality hackintosh for audio mixing in Pro Tools. I haven’t built a computer before, much less a hackintosh, but I’m wanting to learn more and so I’m coming to you for help. Here’s what I’ve picked out as my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
(2) Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
(2) Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card
NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

From what I understand, I should be able to get Thunderbolt 3 working if I install the drivers in the windows side, and plug in the UAD Apollo 8 or whatever I want before start up. Will I need to change anything in the BIOS? Does this build look viable?

Also, would it be worth it to wait until Black Friday to start buying parts? My budget is $1500, but I’d like to get it down to $1200, and my current build is $1325.

Looks good. For BIOS settings and installation instructions please see the Installation Guide at the top.

Anymore information on thunderbolt 3 installation? I'd like to read up on the instructions. Conceiving a build too for audio editing.THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back