Contribute
Register

High end Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why the air cooling fan is a better choice from that video. Thanks for sharing that.

I think everything else is a go. The only thing I'm curious about now is the Bluetooth options. Does anyone have any suggestions for adding Bluetooth? Maybe there's a compatible wifi/bluetooth card out there. I did a little research and found a few articles but I'm still not totally sure what model to buy for this configuration.

Thanks for the help so far.

DonL

If you want to go the native route for wifi/bluetooth you can get that here http://www.osxwifi.com or you can buy the 2 parts separately from eBay (its a lot cheaper this way). A usb bluetooth dongle can work too.

Hi guys

i got a similar configuration and want to know which size of Case would i need for that? Is a MicroATX Case (i prefer the BitFenix ProdigyM MicroATX) big enough?
Could i plug 2 monitors on the ASUS thunderbolt ports? Does it works with a GTX 980? Actually i got a 27" iMac Mid2011 with an external LG 34" Ultrawide. When I'm done I want to use a normal 27" and my 34"Ultrawide monitor together. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot! This is a great forum!

Greetings from Germany
LowRob

Personally I'd get a X99 system with with 6800k low end, 6900k or 6950X high end. I'm using a Gigabyte X99-SLI which has Thunderbolt 3 built into the board (I haven't got it running yet nor tried.

Definitely get a Nvidia 980ti

32-64 GB of ram (2133mhz is sufficient)

512-1tb SSD

high quality power supply (don't skimp here)

You'll have a beast for the next few years but it's probably not upgradable.

More cores the better for video mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back