Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Envy 15 q004-tx
CPU
i7-4712hq + HM87
Graphics
GTX 850m + HD 4600/ 1366x768
I have Dell inspiron 15r 5521 with a clean installed yosemite 10.10, patched dsdt to disable Radeon card and i have a high battery usage compared to the same laptop with Windows 8.1

here my ioreg

View attachment Ahmed’s MacBook Air.ioreg

I have Dell inspiron 15r 5521 with a clean installed yosemite 10.10, patched dsdt to disable Radeon card and i have a high battery usage compared to the same laptop with Windows 8.1

here my ioreg

View attachment 112217

Define "high battery usage compared to the same laptop with Windows 8.1"

Note: You should not expect the same performance/battery life with OS X as you get with Windows. OS X is designed for Apple computers, not PCs.

Define "high battery usage compared to the same laptop with Windows 8.1"

Note: You should not expect the same performance/battery life with OS X as you get with Windows. OS X is designed for Apple computers, not PCs.

i mean in windows i get almost double the battery life in os x

i know that but double the battery life?

i mean in windows i get almost double the battery life in os x

i know that but double the battery life?

It is a bit unusual. Could be because of uninitialized WiFi chip... Or USB WiFi eating power...

It is best to use a supported PCIe WiFi.

It is a bit unusual. Could be because of uninitialized WiFi chip... Or USB WiFi eating power...

It is best to use a supported PCIe WiFi.

i disabled the internal wifi and didn't use any USB wifi .. a 20 mins video took 10% of the battery

the laptop supposed to has high battery life because it's 6 cell battery and ultra low voltage processor.

i disabled the internal wifi and didn't use any USB wifi .. a 20 mins video took 10% of the battery

You can't trust an option in BIOS to disable. You should remove the hardware or replace it.

the laptop supposed to has high battery life because it's 6 cell battery and ultra low voltage processor.

You should test pstates with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext to be sure PM is working...

You can't trust an option in BIOS to disable. You should remove the hardware or replace it.

You should test pstates with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext to be sure PM is working...
Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 1.16.44 AM.png

That's not AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, but... it does appear that your CPU is able to hit the idle (x8) state. You should verify that when your computer is idle that it is largely resting at x8.

used the method here i got that

Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 1.39.52 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back