MSI GTX 560 ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Is it possible to hide partitions on chimera that you cant and wont be booting into. i have 7 things that show up on the boot screen but i only need 2 of them the other ones just get in the way.

help much apreciated :)

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

In my build, it seems like every mounted drive is showing up in Chimera boot screen.

Thanks!!

I just figured it out.

Here is what I did:

Load Lion and open terminal. Type diskutil list

You will then see all the dives listed with a "code" something like

"Windows_NTFS My Drive disk1s2"

Open the org.chameleon.boot.list file in the /Extra folder.

Type in the following XML lines:

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2) hd(1,3)</string>

where (1,2) is the corresponding numbers from the diskutil list command you made earlier. In this example, you would hide the Windows_NTFS My Drive icon from showing up in the chimera menu.

One thing I did learn was that sometimes this may not work as diskutil reports the discs differently that the bios has assigned them. So, when you get to the chimera boot screen, don't make a selection. Instead, click TAB. This will bring you to a screen where all the menu items are listed and their corresponding associations.

Hope this helps you!!

Thanks I'll try it out

willise said:
I just figured it out.

Here is what I did:

Load Lion and open terminal. Type diskutil list

You will then see all the dives listed with a "code" something like

"Windows_NTFS My Drive disk1s2"

Open the org.chameleon.boot.list file in the /Extra folder.

Type in the following XML lines:

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2) hd(1,3)</string>

where (1,2) is the corresponding numbers from the diskutil list command you made earlier. In this example, you would hide the Windows_NTFS My Drive icon from showing up in the chimera menu.

One thing I did learn was that sometimes this may not work as diskutil reports the discs differently that the bios has assigned them. So, when you get to the chimera boot screen, don't make a selection. Instead, click TAB. This will bring you to a screen where all the menu items are listed and their corresponding associations.

Hope this helps you!!

Thanks!! This helped a lot. I had a lot of useless choices now only one survives. Can't yet figure how to kill that one but at least it's all neatly on one screen. I had rollover imaging.
The TAB part helped greatly, got the right addressing. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back