Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So when I click on Go>Computer I have 4 "HDDs" that pop up, and I have a total of three installed on my hackintosh. One is the snowleopard disk and another is the storage disk, which all together is fine because I will need to access those.

Then I have an HDD called "Windows 7" which when I click on opens nothing. Then there is the disk simply referred to as "Untitled" when I click on it it opens all of my Windows documents.

Now I only want to hide the "Untitled" and "Windows 7" HDD, but how? I will never need to access either within OSx, and don't want to tamper with them within OSx.

Also how can I remove "Windows NTFS" (the equivalent to untitled) from my boot menu?

Thanks for the time!

HOTDOGS said:
So when I click on Go>Computer I have 4 "HDDs" that pop up, and I have a total of three installed on my hackintosh. One is the snowleopard disk and another is the storage disk, which all together is fine because I will need to access those.

Then I have an HDD called "Windows 7" which when I click on opens nothing. Then there is the disk simply referred to as "Untitled" when I click on it it opens all of my Windows documents.

Now I only want to hide the "Untitled" and "Windows 7" HDD, but how? I will never need to access either within OSx, and don't want to tamper with them within OSx.

Also how can I remove "Windows NTFS" (the equivalent to untitled) from my boot menu?

Thanks for the time!
This has been answered before, but I will give it another shot.
The "Windows 7" partition is probably the System Reserved partition of Win 7 install where all of the boot files are. All of the files are hidden. You probably renamed it in com.apple.boot.plist so it would show up in chameleon menu screen as Windows 7 rather than System Reserved.

The "Untitled" drive is your normal Win7 partition with your OS programs.

If you really don't want to see them at all or be able to access them from OS X, then try this method http://www.macseven.com/files/20070719_ ... nting.html to prevent the drives from mounting on boot-up. You will want to change the hfs in his example to ntfs for your Win7 drive, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back