1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks,
Here is my device list:

IMG_2419.jpg

diskutil list output (the screenshot above is slightly outdated cause I renamed "Windows NTFS" to "WindowsNEW" but this is not the point):

Screen_Shot_2013_03_30_at_8_25_06_AM.png

in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist I put the following lines:

Code:
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,1) hd(1,2) hd(2,3) hd(2,2)</string>

However chameleon is still showing me all the partitions. I've tried to mess up with this parameters by specifying volume names and specifying only one disk/partition. The only partition that I was able to hide was hd(2,3).

Please point me what I am doing wrong...

I just spent a good amount of time on this as well. I was trying to use

<String>Hide Partition</String>
<Key>"Drive 1 Name</key>
<Key>"Drive 2 Name</key>
<Key>"Drive 3 Name</key>

and only the first one was working, I also tried drive numbering like you have listed.

Finally I made it all one string/key like this ;

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>"WIN7STORAGE" "Windows" "Storage"</string>

( this is the exact copy of my set up, obviously yours will be different )

and it worked, I set all these names in windows btw, so make sure the way you type them * even appears to be case sensitive * is exactly as they are shown in windows.

Lemme know if it works.

EDIT

I free typed the first example, and mixed up key and string, I did indeed have it correct when I was having issues.

If I press "Tab" I get the same menu and the drives and partition numbers show. I wanted to hide a bootable OSX partition that way, but it continues to show up. Perhaps Chimera is just designed to display bootable OSX drives not matter what? or should I be able to hide it? I tried using the hd(4,2) as well as the "Label Name" but neither worked. It works for other drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back