Contribute
Register

"HID Legacy shim 2" freeze - boot disk SATA vs USB on Z270x UD5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed the guides of people using this board, was able to install Sierra onto my drive, but only when its plugged into an external USB adaptor plugged into the back. When I put it in the case on into SATA slot 0 (I believe these are all 6gbps ports) It'll freeze on boot after HID Legacy shim 2, with a message "Waiting on root drive".

Pull it out and put it back on the external usb drive adaptor, and voila, I can boot up and get to multibeast again...

Any thoughts? I've got all the bios settings correct...

Followed the guides of people using this board, was able to install Sierra onto my drive, but only when its plugged into an external USB adaptor plugged into the back. When I put it in the case on into SATA slot 0 (I believe these are all 6gbps ports) It'll freeze on boot after HID Legacy shim 2, with a message "Waiting on root drive".

Pull it out and put it back on the external usb drive adaptor, and voila, I can boot up and get to multibeast again...

Any thoughts? I've got all the bios settings correct...

More monkeying around, and my SSD Came in and still getting the same result - This must be a clover issue. Is there a kext fix for issues with Sata?

I changed the cable, the ports, i installed windows on a different drive even and that ran just fine ... I just cant get it to boot a sierra install from an internally connected sata drive.

I'm stuck at the same issue. Did you ever get this solved?
thx!

I'm stuck at the same issue. Did you ever get this solved?
thx!
Currently nope! This is a brand new build with the most up to date mobo firmware ... running windows at the moment, but im producing audio and the audio device management in windows is even worse than I last remember it so I'm itching to see if this gets solved some how at some point... :(

I'm dealing with the same exact issue and I'm about at the point of putting a hole in the wall. I can't even get to the installer. At a point earlier i was able to get to the installer but couldn't actually "continue" on the installer. if I clicked continue nothing happened. I've been fighting this for 2 days.

I'm dealing with the same exact issue and I'm about at the point of putting a hole in the wall. I can't even get to the installer. At a point earlier i was able to get to the installer but couldn't actually "continue" on the installer. if I clicked continue nothing happened. I've been fighting this for 2 days.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

That's weird. I actually updated this the other day. I wonder where it went?? I'll go update now.

Okay. I just used the normal signature instead of the "build signature". Maybe something happened because I still had my old build from like 7-8 years ago that has also been wiped out.

Actually this issue is diff :( and you have a different build than me. I can get the installer, and I can install, but only to a drive plugged in via USB externally.

My freeze is when i move the drive to internal sata and try to boot from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back