Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
My build has been working perfectly for a few months now, but I've discovered Deep Sleep (Hibernation) mode on my iMac and have tried to use it on my build, be it with a dedicated utility such as SafeSleepOnce (that works perfectly on my iMac) or via the Terminal (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1 or 3 or 5 or 25 depending on where I found the info :crazy: — "1" is the setting for my iMac)
... to no avail.
The machine goes to sleep, creates the sleepimage file but does a restart when I press ON then shows a message "Header read size 200 mem_base 98520000 Not enough space to restore image. Press any key to proceed with normal boot".

I've searched the forum and the web with no success. I've set the advised settings in the energy prefs, disabled VMM in the bios... tried all the values for hibernate... and still gets the same behaviour (the only variation is that sometimes it hangs a few seconds on the progress bar before showing the message — also the long number changes to some other value).

In Terminal, the "pmset -g" command gives me:
Active Profiles:
AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
hibernatemode 1
womp 1
sleep 60
powerbutton 1
disksleep 10
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
autorestart 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 15

You'll find my build in my signature. I'm currently testing hibernate on my main 10.6.8 partition.
Is there some trick I can try? I've wandered the bios but can't see anything worth trying... Thanks :)

Ok. Well, I suppose that the lack of answer for any such thread means that no one uses this feature on hackintoshes... :silent:
I found it convenient on my (now sold) iMac compared to the shut-down/startup time but I can understand that with current fast disks (not to talk about SSDs), it's not a big problem to do a normal startup instead of a wake from deep sleep...
I've tried the new "Power Management Hibernate Mode" setting in Multibeast 5.3 under Mountain Lion but had the same behaviour.
(the existence of such setting sounds like it's possible to hibernate, maybe an experimental feature?)

Sorry if this is an incorrect suggestion, but have you confirmed your processors "HALT" is supported?

Again sorry just throwing it out there due to the lack of current replies

According to http://osxdaily.com/2010/10/11/sleepimage-mac/ "There are cases where the sleepimage file is significantly larger than your physical RAM and this can be due to the file becoming corrupted".
Indeed mine is 8.59Gb instead of my 8Gb RAM size, hence the "Not enough space to restore image" message, it sounds pretty logical.
Now who is the culprit for that behaviour? the mystery remains! :confused:

sounds like you are on to something there

but to answer your question, the HALT is related to the CPU Power Management, HALT is how your cpu goes to sleep,

but your finding in that last post looks legitimate I hope someone with that knowledge sees this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back