Contribute
Register

Hibernate Mode - Desktop For Clover Configurator?

Motherboard
Dell Latitude E5430
CPU
i5 3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am wondering where the Chimera Hibernate Mode - Desktop option is in Clover Configurator, or what the alternative is. My system is stuck in hibernate mode, and I can't seem to get it out. I am booted in with the Chimera USB ready to make the change.

Clover Configurator has nothing to do with Chimera, why would it ?

For Chimera you need Chameleon Wizard.

You can use a Terminal command to set the Hibernate mode in OS X/macOS. You don't have to use the boot loader. These are the terminal commands I used on my Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake system Hacks.

To see System-wide Power settings use.

sudo pmset -g

To Disable Hibernation
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

To Disable other hibernation options
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a sleep 1

This is as screenshot showing the System-wide Power Settings for my AMD X570 system in my User Profile.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 20.26.55.png System-wide power settings viewed in Terminal.

Last edited:
You can use a Terminal command to set the Hibernate mode in OS X/macOS. You don't have to use the boot loader. These are the terminal commands I used on my Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake system Hacks.

sudo pmset -g

To Disable Hibernation

sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a sleep 1

This is as screenshot showing the System-wide Power Settings for my AMD X570 system in my User Profile.

View attachment 578636 System-wide power settings viewed in Terminal.
Thank you

sudo pmset -g

To Disable Hibernation

sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a sleep 1

View attachment 578636 System-wide power settings viewed in Terminal.
Is there a way to re-enable hibernation through Terminal?

On a laptop, yes. Simply change the terminal command ‘sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0’ tosudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3’ or 25 or 29.

Mac desktops don’t use Hibernation, hence setting it to 0. The other three options provide different options for Hibernation but only for a laptop Hack. I can’t recall which features each option provides, as it was a long time ago that I started using these terminal commands and I mostly use them on desktop systems.

On a laptop, yes. Simply change the terminal command ‘sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0’ tosudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3’ or 25 or 29.

Mac desktops don’t use Hibernation, hence setting it to 0. The other three options provide different options for Hibernation but only for a laptop Hack. I can’t recall which features each option provides, as it was a long time ago that I started using these terminal commands and I mostly use them on desktop systems.
My hack works for sleep, and waking for a while, but after some time the displays do not wake from sleep from longer term. Is it not hibernation then? I'm not sure what this issue would be, or if this is the correct place to post.

This is the correct place to post, as it is a general system issue, not a Network or Graphics related issue. May be better in a laptop forum, if so one of the other Mods might move these posts.

How do you wake the system from the longer term sleep - press the power button, trackpad gesture or key press (double tap)?

Which Wake settings have you enabled or are possible to enable in your laptop's BIOS?

The newer macOS releases may not work the same as the old pre-High Sierra releases. Your Ivy Bridge Dell may not work with all the Sleep/Wake/Hibernate functions, with the new macOS releases.

The three different HibernateMode options 3, 25 and 29 provide different features to the system when sleeping/hibernating.

Have you tried each of the three options in your system to see what difference they make?

I assume you have a custom USB configuration for your system, otherwise you might never get Sleep/Wake working. Some USB power settings can cause issues with Sleep/wake functions.

Back