Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 4100 4 GB
I've confirmed that pmset shows hibernatemode = 0; however, my system is now randomly waking up from sleep and then going into an infinite reboot mode showing Clover and my main MacOS disk (Hibernated). The only fix is to boot into recovery mode then restart as normal.

How do I *really* disable Hibernate?

OS X 10.12.4

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
sleep 45
autopoweroffdelay 14400
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 20
standbydelay 4200

How do I *really* disable Hibernate?

It is unlikely that hibernate is the source of your problem but to disable it - In Terminal :
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem. Short sleeps work fine, if I let it sleep for a few hours it randomly reboots and gets into a infinite reboot loop. When it tries to resume from hibernation it just insta-reboots shortly after clover starts booting the OS. The only way to break out of the loop is to manually select the "Cancel Hibernate Resume" option in clover.

I didn't always have this problem. It worked fine for ~ 2 years and I didn't change hardware components or BIOS settings. I think it must be caused by an OS or Clover update.

Last edited:
Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem. Short sleeps work fine, if I let it sleep for a few hours it randomly reboots and gets into a infinite reboot loop. When it tries to resume from hibernation it just insta-reboots shortly after clover starts booting the OS. The only way to break out of the loop is to manually select the "Cancel Hibernate Resume" option in clover.

I didn't always have this problem. It worked fine for ~ 2 years and I didn't change hardware components or BIOS settings. I think it must be caused by an OS or Clover update.

I followed P1LGRIM's steps and the issue hasn't come back.

It is unlikely that hibernate is the source of your problem but to disable it - In Terminal :
Code:

After ages trying to debug a High Sierra sleep issue (CPU PM, Display EEID, USB power, BIOS, my AMD RX 570. You name it.) whereby I could get through the first sleep cycle after boot, but the second one the displays would sleep but the machine wouldn't and rebooted after a few minutes, I have just run:

sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0

darkwake=1

And the second sleep cycle has been successful. So I'll take that for now!

You mean that solution is a bit hacky?

I can't find any posts with this particular problem. This is the latest! I hope this solution persists. Maybe I'll look into getting standby/autopoweroff working. Save myself some electricity. I'll try enabling both in a few days.

Code:
I may have found a fix, but I already applied these terminal commands. How do I reverse them?

I may have found a fix, but I already applied these terminal commands. How do I reverse them?
With common sense.
If 0 turns something off then 1 will turn it on.
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

The other commands removed a sleep image (if present) and named a folder as /sleepimage to prevent it being restored.
So you should delete the /sleepimage folder in /var/vm/sleepimage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back