Contribute
Register

Hi please look into my hardware list; Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
non
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, took a minute to make a list of my hardware.

If see anything or can contribute to find the error please do so.

This is my first bulid and I have afreind to help me. Its bummer I cannot find the list of succeeded build that I kept mine close to. Also I dont if the coolong I use may be critical.

Next attempt is to switch the graphics card to the current suggestion: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870.
Certainly I need this Hack to happen since I recently graduated Audio Engineer but realy some passive graphics will fill my bill.

I did flash but BIOS but dont quite remeber revision number at the moment it may be 5.

Thanks, here the list:

Gigabyte z68 XP UD 3

4 GB Geil Value Kit 7-7-7-24

Radeon HD 6770

i7-2600 K

Drives:
Sony Optirac DVD-RW
ADATA S510 SSD
1x WD Caviar Black 500 GB
2x WD Caviar Black 1 TB

Cooling:
Alpenföhn Gross Clockner rev. B

Tower Fans were swapped for:
2x BeQuiet Silent Wings PWM

Tower is a Cooler Master Sileo 500

Also theres a PCIe UAD Duo Core DSP Card which should affect the build.

The 6770 video card probably won't work. A 6870 should be able to work.

OK that isnt any bad. Just, do you have anything passive in mind will work? I m mixing audio and noise is a factor.

if you are using for audio and don't need the power of the hd6870 maybe consider using the onboard hd3000.

I use an HD6870 and have no noise issues - I can't hear it and am unaware of electrical noise but I am not mixing Audio!

edited to add - bear in mind there are different versions of hd6870 - I use a reference design model where the fan is more or less enclosed while I know others have the fan or fans exposed which may be an issue.

Your card looks dope. Are there any specs towards noise level in the manual box maybe? Ordering as we "speak" :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back