Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hardware Specs.

Acer M5630-U5209A
Acer EG31M motherboard
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1-channel audio support, S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) support
Integrated Intel® 82573L Gigabit (RJ-45 LAN connector) working OOB.
System Chipset Intel 946GZ + ICH7DH
I/O Controller Hub ITE 8718
Ports Rear:
1 PS/2 Keyboard port
1 PS/2 Mouse port
1 Serial port Disabled on BIOS
1 Parallel port Disabled on BIOS
4 USB 2.0 ports working OOB
1 VGA port
1 IEEE 1394 port (6-pin)
6 audio jacks
1 S/PDIF jack
Front:
2 USB 2.0 ports
1 Headphone jacK
1 Microphone jack
9 in 1 cared reader
HITACHI Deskstar HD31000 IDK/7K (0S00163) 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive for system
Western Digital 500GB Hard Disk Drive SATA Storage (stock drive)
DVDRW SATA Stock
DVDRW EIDE with Light scribe not conected yet.
SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready recognized after 10.6.8 update but no HDMI audio and only works if DVI is plugged in as clone.
OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G8004GK
cirago BTA-3210 USB 2.0 Micro Bluetooth Dongle support Bluetooth 2.1 works OOB magic mouse works ofter restart or cold boot, Apple keyboard works but have to re-sync every time I boot or restart.

OSX 10.6.3 retail
Pre Install
on my bios after playing around and trying different combinations I just left as Optimal defaults.

Install was a breeze I just used the PCIRootUID=1 and in 20 min or less it was rebooting.
Had a bit of a issue on reboot the apple logo with a wheel spinning black and white but the audio came on with the intro movie but no video still the (apple logo with a wheel spinning black and white) powered down and up solved it with GraphicsEnabler=No
loaded osx no problem just low res video, but everything else was up and running,

Installed the 10.6.8 update ran the multibeast with the EasyBeast and System Utilities video perfect but no sound. Installed ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2 + HDAEnabler ALC888.
Now I have in system profiler:
Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 888

Speaker:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Line Output:

Line Output:

Line Output:

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Line Input:

Headphone:

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Combination Output

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Input:

Connection: Combination Input

Speaker:

Line Output:

Line Output:

Line Output:

Internal Microphone:

Line Input:

Headphone:

But no sound, I have the speaker on my menu bar, I can control it with my keyboard. and in sound preferences it says I have audio installed. but no sound.

Take 2:

all the same but after the 10.6.8 update did not run multibeast had to boot with iboot cd and all was working fine ran mutibeast with userDSDT and System Utilities, again no go.

Take 3

all the same but after the 10.6.8 update just installed the boot-loader. rebooted and 2 time got a kernel panic third time ok.

but every time i rebooted or powered on the same....

Take 4

Installed the 10.6.8 update ran the multibeast with the EasyBeast and System Utilities video perfect but no sound. Tried everything different audio kext but nothing. ended up installing a sound blaster Audigy and the KX audio driver v. 1.3b0 and audio works but no mic.

I do not understand why before mutibeast my audio was fine recognized all audio outputs and inputs and after nada........

if someone out their knows a fix i’d be grateful or how to enable audio thru my hdmi.

Pic's of BIOS and System profiler:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23431

non the less I what to thank tonymacx86.com for some of the beast tools, and all contributors to the forum.

sfrv said:
Installed the 10.6.8 update ran the multibeast with the EasyBeast and System Utilities video perfect but no sound. Installed ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2 + HDAEnabler ALC888.
Now I have in system profiler:

Speaker:

Line Output:

Line Output:

Line Output:

Internal Microphone:

Line Input:

Headphone:

Speaker:

Line Output:

Line Output:

Line Output:

Internal Microphone:

Line Input:

Headphone:

But no sound, I have the speaker on my menu bar, I can control it with my keyboard. and in sound preferences it says I have audio installed. but no sound.
What are you using for speakers? Did you make sure to select internal speakers in preferences->sound->output device? For the ports working with ALC8xx.kext see: http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/n ... audio.html

Thanks for the replay Going Bald:

They are monitor speakers, they were working after install, after 10.6.8 update, but not after multibeast easybeast + system utilities, then tried with multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2, no go then multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback+HDAEnabler ALC888 and no go.

Like i said I have the speaker on my menu bar, I can control it with my keyboard. and in sound preferences it says I have audio installed. but no sound.

tried all output sources and outputs on my computer with no sound from any of them.

sfrv said:
Thanks for the replay Going Bald:

They are monitor speakers, they were working after install, after 10.6.8 update, but not after multibeast easybeast + system utilities, then tried with multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2, no go then multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback+HDAEnabler ALC888 and no go.

Like i said I have the speaker on my menu bar, I can control it with my keyboard. and in sound preferences it says I have audio installed. but no sound.

tried all output sources and outputs on my computer with no sound from any of them.
What do you see when you open preferences->sound->output device?
What are your choices?
By working, do you mean you had sound when booted from iBoot, but not when booted from hard drive?

Internal Speaker
Line out
Line Out
Digital Line out

By working, do you mean you had sound when booted from iBoot, but not when booted from hard drive?
Yes after I installed OSX I rebooted and hade audio put no video then I rebooted with Iboot and added GraphicsEnabler=No and had audio and low res video set up osx installed the 10.6.8 update combo pack and rebooted I had audio and full res video @ 1920 X 1080 but i could hear, control audio from keyboard and menu bar in system profiler had no integrated audio, but had the same options in system preferences:
Internal Speaker
Line out with this one selected
Line Out
Digital Line out

but after multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2 I had it in system profiler as stated above but not system preferences and no sound.
after multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2+HDAEnabler ALC888 I had it in system profiler as stated above and system preferences and could control from menu bar and keyboard but no sound.

sfrv said:
Internal Speaker
Line out
Line Out
Digital Line out

Yes after I installed OSX I rebooted and hade audio put no video then I rebooted with Iboot and added GraphicsEnabler=No and had audio and low res video set up osx installed the 10.6.8 update combo pack and rebooted I had audio and full res video @ 1920 X 1080 but i could hear, control audio from keyboard and menu bar in system profiler had no integrated audio, but had the same options in system preferences:
Internal Speaker
Line out with this one selected
Line Out
Digital Line out

but after multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2 I had it in system profiler as stated above but not system preferences and no sound.
after multibeast easybeast + system utilities+ ALC8xx kext + AppleHDA rollback to 10.6.2+HDAEnabler ALC888 I had it in system profiler as stated above and system preferences and could control from menu bar and keyboard but no sound.
Try green, orange or grey port on back plane with line out selected - try both line out selections. If none of them work, try the green port with internal speakers selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back