Contribute
Register

Help - Yosemite install on Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5 with i5 4590S. Stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB
Hi there,

Went through the guides here to do a complete install, and for some reason, keep running into the same problems that I cannot solve. Weird, since I know many have gotten their builds to work just fine with this same mobo.

My build:

Gigabyte GA-z87X Gaming 5
i5 4590S
16gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600
Crucial M550 256gb SSD
Antec Mini-ITX Case ISK110-VESA

Installation went well once I figured out that I should use the front USB 2.0 ports instead of the 3.0s on the rear (which caused lots of freezing). After initial reboot, had the Boot error, which was easily fixed by dismounting the drive and using terminal (dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2).

Restart went fine, loaded Multibeast, and this is where the problem started.

First I tried Easy mode, restarted just fine, but still no network or audio support
Next I tried the DSDT Free mode with system definitions Mac Pro 3,1 and iMac 14,1, also restarted just fine, but still no network or audio support.

With both attempts listed above (and I did this around 20 times), I used Multibeast once again to install ONLY the Realtek ALC1150 audio drivers, and then the problem started:

Startup/Boot hangs, so I enabled verbose mode and found this error:

"getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c"

I restarted and added a boot tag "-xpmc-free". That solved the problem, but then boot hangs at this point:

"received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xe800".

I booted to safe mode with no issue, and I decided to install the Atheros 2200 network driver. Rebooted, with -v -xpmc-free, and then saw this error:

"Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1540"
"Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2194"

Which I understand is likely a display/graphics card error.

I'm trying to remain patient, but after rebuilding 20 times and not being able to get this thing working, I'm beginning to think I chose the wrong hardware. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there,

Went through the guides here to do a complete install, and for some reason, keep running into the same problems that I cannot solve. Weird, since I know many have gotten their builds to work just fine with this same mobo.

My build:

Gigabyte GA-z87X Gaming 5
i5 4590S
16gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600
Crucial M550 256gb SSD
Antec Mini-ITX Case ISK110-VESA

Installation went well once I figured out that I should use the front USB 2.0 ports instead of the 3.0s on the rear (which caused lots of freezing). After initial reboot, had the Boot error, which was easily fixed by dismounting the drive and using terminal (dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2).

Restart went fine, loaded Multibeast, and this is where the problem started.

First I tried Easy mode, restarted just fine, but still no network or audio support
Next I tried the DSDT Free mode with system definitions Mac Pro 3,1 and iMac 14,1, also restarted just fine, but still no network or audio support.

With both attempts listed above (and I did this around 20 times), I used Multibeast once again to install ONLY the Realtek ALC1150 audio drivers, and then the problem started:

Startup/Boot hangs, so I enabled verbose mode and found this error:

"getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c"

I restarted and added a boot tag "-xpmc-free". That solved the problem, but then boot hangs at this point:

"received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xe800".

I booted to safe mode with no issue, and I decided to install the Atheros 2200 network driver. Rebooted, with -v -xpmc-free, and then saw this error:

Which I understand is likely a display/graphics card error.

I'm trying to remain patient, but after rebuilding 20 times and not being able to get this thing working, I'm beginning to think I chose the wrong hardware. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

Boot into safe mode with "-x" then remove the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E then try boot in normal mode with -v and check whether the assertions are arriving or not?

Also try to boot with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Good Luck...!

Boot into safe mode with "-x" then remove the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E then try boot in normal mode with -v and check whether the assertions are arriving or not?

Also try to boot with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Good Luck...!

Removing AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E worked - rebooted just fine without the assertions.

Restarted again and tried just -v and PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Boot hangs with IOBluetoothHCIController. Error message:

Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xd000 -- 0x2000

Thanks for the guidance thus far.

Removing AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E worked - rebooted just fine without the assertions.

Restarted again and tried just -v and PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Boot hangs with IOBluetoothHCIController. Error message:

Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xd000 -- 0x2000

Thanks for the guidance thus far.

Do you have Bluetooth adapter in your system?

I guess my previous successful reboot was a fluke. I can't get the machine to boot up at all. -v mode shows everything goes smoothly, and then the screen turns black and I see a mouse cursor. Nothing else happens - it stays black indefinitely. The only thing I can do is force the power off.

Any ideas what's going wrong here?

You should try all the display ports.
Your kernel message is normal. You should patch your audio. But it should work with imac 14.2 smbios auto patch with clover configurator.

Before clover you try -x safe mode. -xmcp , my only probel with blocked MSR by motherboard bios. So check Kernelpm related on Chameleon root, or Chimera.

Usually display managing is a mess in hackintosh. No hotpluging etc...

I have Gigabyte GA-Z97 D3H i5-4590 Clover works and boot with kernelpm autopatch, and fake smbios (imac 14,2)

There is intelazul framebuffer settings made check Toleda, and Piker Alpha users about Intel HD 4600 issues.

So your primary display is not DVI like for me. I disabled dual display. For now. Ind try to solve That v sync (intel triple buffer) tear Blinking, Fickering issues...from many days...

My bigest problem is Launch flickers ant tears, and the Safari and other software too.

I have the same motherboard with i7-4790K and ballistic sport memory.
I succeeded by using the standard easy beast, while with Free-DSDT i encountered similar problems as yours. The apple boot screen may turn "dirty" for some seconds and leaving only a progress bar on black background but after that the login screen is fine
(see below an updated EasyBeast that works for me). smbios with iMac15,1 leads to a sticky mouse pointer .... dunno why
Do not have any graphic card for now.
Using a cinema display connected with DVI
Unplugged another HD with window installed

During exclusively the Yosemite installation on HD used -x at boot flag only. After post-install no additional flag was used at all.

Hope this will help

MultiBeast Configuration - 2015-03-09 12:33:34-----------------------------------------------------------------Quick Start > EasyBeast
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 HWMonitor ApplicationDrivers > Network > Atheros > AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1

Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot OptionsCustomize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCacheCustomize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Thanks for the assistance. I rebuilt the machine and attempted to load EasyBeast with the same config you used on yours.

Immediate problem was hanging during boot with the same errors I had in the past:

Booted into safe mode and removed AppleHDA.kext from S/ L/ E. Reboots just fine in normal mode.

Still, stuck with no audio, no network, and i'm a bit of noob with this so don't know how to get those working. I dont' know much about Clover, but perhaps that would solve the problem. I'd need a walkthrough though...

I really appreciate all the feedback here. I am still hopeful that I"ll get this thing running.

Thanks for the assistance. I rebuilt the machine and attempted to load EasyBeast with the same config you used on yours.

Immediate problem was hanging during boot with the same errors I had in the past:

Booted into safe mode and removed AppleHDA.kext from S/ L/ E. Reboots just fine in normal mode.

Still, stuck with no audio, no network, and i'm a bit of noob with this so don't know how to get those working. I dont' know much about Clover, but perhaps that would solve the problem. I'd need a walkthrough though...

I really appreciate all the feedback here. I am still hopeful that I"ll get this thing running.

Before removing the kext, have you made a copy of it somewhere???

For your Audio network, first identify which audio codec is present in your system and which ethernet adapter is in your system. Use utilities like DPCIManager to find out these details.
Then check whether the Audio driver is available in the Multibeast or not if available install it (After putting the AppleHDA.kext back to the location /S/L/E).
Same way check for Ethernet adapter also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back