Contribute
Register

Help with Zotac GT 430 (NVIDIA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like when I saved the file it saved in a RTF even though its .plist

Had to open it again and Format - "Make Plain Text"

Heres to hoping this solves my issues! *crosses fingers* :?

EDIT:
YAY!!!! It works! :D

But... what about HDMI Audio? Or is that asking too much?

Also I followed this tip as well and noticed a difference in responsiveness and speed. Maybe its my imagination though, but booting up and down were noticeably snappier to me.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7753&start=10

mrwolff said:
Looks like when I saved the file it saved in a RTF even though its .plist

Had to open it again and Format - "Make Plain Text"

Heres to hoping this solves my issues! *crosses fingers* :?

EDIT:
YAY!!!! It works! :D

But... what about HDMI Audio? Or is that asking too much?

Also I followed this tip as well and noticed a difference in responsiveness and speed. Maybe its my imagination though, but booting up and down were noticeably snappier to me.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7753&start=10

I'm glad it worked! I think running Mac Pro 3,1 smbios fixes these issues without having to disable AGPM.kext. Not sure which method you used but I run Mac Pro 3,1 and have no issues.

Enjoy!

computid said:
Ok, so this is how I did it:

computid, you re blessed, tutorial worked like a charm, made my day, thanksssss :clap:

I installed a GT 420 over the weekend, same issue black screen after grey boot up screen using DVI port.
Luckily I had a hdmi to dvi cable and used the hdmi port of the card. That works!
So seem to be on how to get the DVI port active.

Additional question, my card only shows 512MB but it does have 1GB mem. I've seen a few people reporting this but have not found someone posting a 'remedy' for this.
Anyone managed to get the full 1GB reported?

Thanks all! My GT 430 is now recognized and working at full speed! :D

So I'm about to order either a Gigabyte Micro-ATX MB + EVGA GT430 or Zotac's newest Z68 motherboard with onboard GT 430.

HDMI Audio, does it work? And do all the ports work? HDMI/DVI/VGA?

And the bonus question, have you guys measured IDLE, Average and Peak Power consumption? I'm planning on building a low power HTPC/Server...

Thanks in advance!

These steps worked for me, seemingly. I'm running at full resolution with ripples when adding Widgets. Before, I was 1024x768 and everything was sluggish - Safari wouldn't even open for some reason. Everything seems normal and snappy now. Thanks much for such detailed instructions, computid. Ever since I added this card, my Windows 7 installation reboots occasionally, so I may need to run Hackintosh simply so I don't crash. I've already updated the Windows drivers, but maybe there's a new BIOS from EVGA...

I'm running 10.6.7. System Profiler says I have a GTX 470 for whatever reason. Cinebench 11 gives me an OpenGL score of 19.03. (I don't know if this is reasonable or not. I'll run it in Windows and see what I get there.)
-katapaltes

I have a pair of Gigabyte Gt 430's i'm trying to get working with my Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, I put the second card in KP at the apple logo. I have tonymacs f3 DSDT in place. Any help would be awesome.

the only way I found to make it work on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 is just the latest Nvidia drivers + graphicsenabler=yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist

I didn't need anything else to make it, after many days of trying different hints.

DVI/HDMI working fine on MSI P67A-C45 + Zotac GT430
Zone
Display Port not tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back