Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX-770
Fellow hackers,

I have an older hackintosh build from 2013-14 exactly like tdw’s Haswell ATX build with bios settings from this thread:

After copying my system drive with Time Machine to an internal ssd, I tried a direct update from App Store from Mavericks 10.9.5 to El Capitan 10.11 using clover boot in a usb drive Following this guide:

Unfortunately I did not do enough research and failed to discover the need to test the update on the usb drive and testing the copied system drive before proceeding and of course now have install issues. I chose (incorrectly?) the legacy bios option settings while setting up clover but I’m sure I missed adding some kexts in the clover build process as I was unsure about how to add these.

Upon booting from usb I got the clover boot manager screen with options to boot os x install from Mavericks (system drive) or boot OS X from mavericks. I chose the install option and the Apple logo on black screen with the install progress bar came up. The install bar got to 75% or so and then the screen went black. I waited 15 minutes, nothing happened so I did a hard restart.
When the clover screen came back up I chose the other boot OS X from mavericks option and this time got a white apple screen and a never ending spinning wheel, again after 15 minute wait, did a hard restart. i tried each option several more times, each time getting the same results.
Now when selecting either option it goes directly to black screen where it hangs indefinitely until it’s unplugged or restarted.

Hoping there is someone out there who can advise me on a way out of this situation without having to reformat entire system drive.
Thanks in advance,
Bob Gadd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back