Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just updated to the U1H bios from F12 on my motherboard. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep it, but if worst comes to worst I'll downgrade back to F12.

Here is my issue. When booting I must add the line "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to get my GTX 560 to work. HD3000 graphics works fine, but to get the card to work I must type that in. I thought it was defaultly enabled? (I did a fresh install then restored from time machine before installing anything from multibeast, it worked fine and rebooted fine).

So I began to install drivers. Audio, Network, Chimera boot loader, SSDT all worked fine. No KP on reboot. Also installed graphics drivers, no KP. System works 90% now, just a few things left to get working - USB 3.0, and DVD drive.

Here is the second issue: the system is SLOW compared to the f12 bios. I think it's because I don't have a DSDT. Do I need one? Or am I doing something wrong? After bios (which is now like 3 seconds) it takes about 10 seconds to boot vs the 2-3 it took before. It also lists it as a 2001 imac yet is shows a new 21.5" imac, and doesn't show my overclocked speed (says 3.4GHz vs 4.2 which it is at). Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to wait for a DSDT or do I need to create one?

So I attempted to install the DSDT from the F12 bios. KP on boot, system won't boot. Doing a fresh install now and I'm going to see if I can figure this out... Any help would be appreciated! If I can't figure this out soon I'm just going to revert to the F12 bios. I also have to pull my graphics card out to boot to unibeast. As soon as the installer loads the screen goes blank. Have to use hd3000 for that.

Okay, many things fixed myself! Only 1 issue left it seems.

Fixed everything just by installing the non-dsdt thing. Still takes a few seconds longer to boot than I would like, but oh well - i'll get over it. it's still faster than before because of the bios.

What I can't figure out is the overclocking. I installed the SSDT for i5/i7 overclocked (up to 4.2GHz), and then I have my cpu multipler set at 42 (i7 2600k) so it reads 4.2GHz. However OSX still says 3.4GHz. Is it overclocked and Mac doesn't know it or am I not getting that extra speed? Would it work if I just changed the turbo boost to boost me up to 4.2GHz?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back