Graphics
Ati 3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just updated my Gigabyte Z68 GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo from i5 2500K to i7 3770K and get lines on the screen and unresponsive after a couple of minutes, photo attached.
The bios showed the correct cpu, everything lookked ok and then the lines appeared.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• C4C52804-FBC5-406F-9054-49E8B89231A9.jpeg
    C4C52804-FBC5-406F-9054-49E8B89231A9.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 37
I just updated my Gigabyte Z68 GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo from i5 2500K to i7 3770K and get lines on the screen and unresponsive after a couple of minutes, photo attached.
The bios showed the correct cpu, everything lookked ok and then the lines appeared.
Any ideas?

The lines are showing in the BIOS screen, which may indicate a hardware problem. I suppose you are using the CPU integrated graphics so perhaps your 3770K CPU's graphics component is somehow damaged?

If you do not want to replace the CPU again, do you have a separate graphics card to test?

Unfortunately not. I was trying to avoid buying a card. Was using the cpu graphics and planned to upgrade to the 4000 with Mojave.

Unfortunately not. I was trying to avoid buying a card. Was using the cpu graphics and planned to upgrade to the 4000 with Mojave.

I see. Make sure the monitor cable is securely connected to the motherboard. Turn the computer off then on again. Does the glitches show again in the BIOS screen?

Can somebody recommend me any testing I can do before sending back the CPU to the seller?

Can somebody recommend me any testing I can do before sending back the CPU to the seller?
Connect up a Windows drive and boot that to the desktop. Have the macOS disconnected of course.

I got U1c... It may be the problem!
Take care then, I think that U1c provides UEFI support whereas F10 may not.
If you switch to F10 you will probably have to install Clover in Legacy mode instead.
Do your own research and act accordingly.

Take care then, I think that U1c provides UEFI support whereas F10 may not.
If you switch to F10 you will probably have to install Clover in Legacy mode instead.
Do your own research and act accordingly.
Since U1c came out after F10 I'm certain it still supports Ivy Bridge CPUs. That BIOS version is probably not related to the graphics issue. The U in U1c does indicate UEFI support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back