Graphics
9800gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just completed an install on this intel board (DG35EC) and am having a few problems I cannot solve. Everytime I perform a cold boot meaning I let it sit for 1+ hour when I start it does not detect any drive and therefore will not bootup. A few restarts later the drives are detected and it loads SL 10.6.8. Once started the audio (ALC888) does not work, I have tried a few kexts (Azalia, Legacy888, HDAEnabler) but none have fixed the problem. Lastly it will not sleep and shutdowns result in a screen that blanks quickly but the system fans still spinning for up to 1 minute. Any ideas? I know this board has been successfully hacked in the past but sadly the file links in all the tutorials are broken. The install was done using boot cd and easy beast. Here's my setup:

Intel DG35EC mobo
Intel Q8200
Nvidia 9800GT 1GB
Sata hdd on SATA0
DVD-writer on SATA1

Well figured out one of the problems. I used Multi-beast for Lion and loaded the Realtek AL8XX kext. Rebooted with -x and then removed the VooDooHDA.kext and then restarted again. Now audio is fine. Only problem remaining is it does not cold boot. As mentioned before need several boot attempts until disk is detected and loads. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back