GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been trying everything I can think of to get sleep working on my hack.

Today I finally switched to booting with a DSDT (using MacMan's edited DSDT for my motherboard that was just added to the DSDT database). I figured that I should now be able to remove IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Extra/Extensions. But when I remove them and rebuild the caches, the system kernel panics every time with a message about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

I tried to get a picture of the panic but the camera i used was crappy.

Here's what I have in /E/E (some can probably be removed now that I'm on a DSDT but not sure which yet!)

EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xeSATA.kext
Legacy889HDA.kext
LegacyAppleRTC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext

Hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Hi Burninator,

I have the same motherboard as you, and the first time I rebooted with MacMan's DSDT I also got a kernel panic. I can't remember exactly what it said, but AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement sounds familiar.

In my case booting into safe mode (with the -x flag) got around the panic, and then I deleted my entire /Extra folder, and used the new Multibeast(v2) to reinstall the following:

-- /Extensions/fakesmc.kext
-- /Extensions/Legacy889HDA.kext
-- com.apple.Boot.plist (64-bit Multibeast version)
-- smbios.plist (Core i5 Multibeast version)

After that my system booted perfectly. But unfortunately with orange icons (a minor worry), and still no sleep!

Hope this helps.

Well I have whittled down my kexts to the bare minimum:

fakesmc.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
Legacy889HDA.kext

When I try to boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I STILL get a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement telling me that my CPU is unsupported. I am using the Mac Pro i5 smbios.plist.

Shouldn't my CPU be supported? Do I need to change something in smbios.plist? I'm using the 64bit com.apple.Boot.plist, do I need to use the 32bit one for it to work?

:|

Burninator said:
Well I have whittled down my kexts to the bare minimum:

fakesmc.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
Legacy889HDA.kext

When I try to boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I STILL get a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement telling me that my CPU is unsupported. I am using the Mac Pro i5 smbios.plist.

Shouldn't my CPU be supported? Do I need to change something in smbios.plist? I'm using the 64bit com.apple.Boot.plist, do I need to use the 32bit one for it to work?

:|
Are you using the DSDT from the Database?

scissorhands said:
Hi Burninator,

I have the same motherboard as you, and the first time I rebooted with MacMan's DSDT I also got a kernel panic. I can't remember exactly what it said, but AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement sounds familiar.

In my case booting into safe mode (with the -x flag) got around the panic, and then I deleted my entire /Extra folder, and used the new Multibeast(v2) to reinstall the following:

-- /Extensions/fakesmc.kext
-- /Extensions/Legacy889HDA.kext
-- com.apple.Boot.plist (64-bit Multibeast version)
-- smbios.plist (Core i5 Multibeast version)

After that my system booted perfectly. But unfortunately with orange icons (a minor worry), and still no sleep!

Hope this helps.
Burninator did you try what scissorhands was success with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back