Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a stable build for two years now, but before I upgrade I'm doing a little research. I keep seeing posts that reference "/S/L/E and check on AppleHDA.kext." Where do I find "S/L/E"? Sorry for the noob question.

thanks

it means you'll find that file in "system->library->extensions" folder on your OSX main HD

PS...as this is a system file it will probably not show up for you. You can download a nifty utility from here in the download section that will do the trick for you. Use some caution when enabling viewing system files!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=142

clipper99

Thanks! Just did the install and everything seems to work. My QuickTime movies are garbled but sound works. I see you have the same board and version of Mavericks... Did you have the same problem, or know how to fix?

it sounds like a video card problem but not having an nvidia card myself i wouldn't be much help. Keep looking around as the 8800GT is a common card; actually come to think of it when i first got into Hackintoshing it was the card i used myself. But that was a few years ago so the grey cells can't recall much!

is your vid card identified properly in the "About This Mac" section?

I failed to mention that part the upgrade was replacing my failing 8800GT with a GTX650. To answer your question, it does display correctly. I found that if I change from a Mac Mini to a 2008 Mac Pro the video works again. Rolling it back to an earlier version of a Mac Mini doesn't work. I would be okay with this fix except for it is my understanding that the integrated video only works with the Mac Mini designation (haven't tested it yet). I like the idea of having the integrated video as a backup should my video card fail again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back