Contribute
Register

Help with power management and wifi card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Here it is the copy, i hope there's something that can be done and by the way i have issues with the elantech trackpad and screen brightness anything to be done there too??

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Well, I would need DSDT in addition to ioreg for AirPort DSDT patch. But maybe you should try the injector I wrote yesterday: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/101934-can-ar9485-wifi-work-probook-4x40s.html#post622974

As far as elantech trackpad, can't help you there as I don't have any laptops with Elan, so I haven't bothered working on the drivers for it.

And screen brightness is a DSDT patch. We use this one on the ProBook:

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

It is probably generic to any laptop with Intel HD3K or HD4K graphics.

Sorry for the delay! I just tried the injector and it's working!!! Thanks a ton.

Now i just need to make the touchpad and the brightness work and that's all.

Ok i have everything but the brightness work, i don't really know if i did the dsdt patch ok or not can someone point me out to a tutorial on how to do it?? THX

Download the application MaciASL. It's super simple to use, and there's a button to open a patch. So when you click that, just copy and paste the text (code) rehabman posted above into the box, and click apply. After that's done, save and restart. It should work then.
About the elan touchpad, I believe someone had a fully functioning driver with multitouch and everything working. Just google it.

Thx for your help now i have everything but hdmi audio working. I have a realtek alc271x card and tried some dsdt patches from here to no avail. The sound is working fine with the laptop speakers but no sound on the hdmi output so any suggestions??

Using voodoo sound by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back