Contribute
Register

Help with Planning Triple Boot: Windows/Linux/OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get Chamelon to recognize Linux. I had erase the entire drive, repartition, and reinstall OS X. Then I installed Linux and put the bootloader (GRUB) in the same partition as Linux.

Now the issue is that I can't get Windows installation to work. When I try to install Windows, it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style". Below is my disk's partitions using GUID partition scheme. OS X and Linux are running perfectly fine. I just can't get Windows to isntall to the parition.

1) Windows
2) Storage A
3) Storage B
4) OS X
5) Linux

At the Windows install screen where you hi-lite the partition to install Windows select the partition, click on advanced, click on format, click on continue.

At the Windows install screen where you hi-lite the partition to install Windows select the partition, click on advanced, click on format, click on continue.

I did that. But still it give me that same error.

I did that. But still it give me that same error.

I managed to get through the Windows install. I had to reparition my whole hard drive again and reinstall OSX then WIndows to get it working. I am still in the process. I will post results/questions here soon.

I followed this guide by RehabMan to install: Win/OSX/Linux: http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/...indows-8-mac-os-x-lion-and-ubuntu-multi-boot/

I got everything working pretty smoothly, however now the only issue is that the system boots directly to Windows 8. I don't see the Chameleon menu at boot. (Yes I did install OSX after installing Windows, and also installed Chamelon/Multibeast).

I tried reinstalling Chameleon, that didn't fix the problem.

I went to Disk Management in Windows and tried to set the OSX partition as the active one, but I couldn't. Both the OSX and Linux partition are showing up as "Unallocated" thus I am not getting the option to set as active.

I booted to Linux with my USB installer. In GParted, the first partition, EFI, has the "boot" flag.

When I go to terminal and enter the following command: "fdisk -l /dev/sda", it shows that the second partition, "sda2 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT" has the * under the boot column.

I followed this guide by RehabMan to install: Win/OSX/Linux: http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/...indows-8-mac-os-x-lion-and-ubuntu-multi-boot/

I got everything working pretty smoothly, however now the only issue is that the system boots directly to Windows 8. I don't see the Chameleon menu at boot. (Yes I did install OSX after installing Windows, and also installed Chamelon/Multibeast).

I tried reinstalling Chameleon, that didn't fix the problem.

I went to Disk Management in Windows and tried to set the OSX partition as the active one, but I couldn't. Both the OSX and Linux partition are showing up as "Unallocated" thus I am not getting the option to set as active.

I booted to Linux with my USB installer. In GParted, the first partition, EFI, has the "boot" flag.

When I go to terminal and enter the following command: "fdisk -l /dev/sda", it shows that the second partition, "sda2 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT" has the * under the boot column.

I fixed the issue with the following command:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s5

where disk0s5 is the my OSX partition

Reference: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back