Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've spent the last 2 days trying to get this hackinstosh stuff to work.

System Specs:
MOBO: P8Z68-V Pro
Ram: 4 gigs DDR3
CPU: 2600k core i7
64 GB SSD

All PCI/Video cards and extra RAM are unplugged for the time being.

I've managed to get Lion installed, and I thought it would be smooth sailing from there. But it hasn't at all.

So first thing I tried, was using multibeast with a user specified DSDT. That didn't work, and I could no longer boot into Lion so I had to reinstall. I tried a different DSDT. Also didn't work. Reinstalled, and figured I would try a different setup, and found this
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=261312
Also didn't work. Reinstall Lion. I found another guide that said to use Easybeast, which is a DSDT alternative. I try installing that, and the system hangs when it's got 1 minute left. I reinstall Lion again, and try running easybeast hoping that it was a fluke. Again, hangs on the 1 minute mark.

What am I doing wrong? I've reinstalled Lion 5 times now, and I'm getting sick of taking the half hour it takes to install everytime I'm trouble shooting.

Does anybody have any advice they can offer me?

I have the p8z68v pro gen 3.

there are too many places to look for info on this family of boards, but once you get going with it it is very fast and reliable.

heres what I did simply to get it running maybe this will help ( I don' t know your video card mine is msi n570gtx)

1) unibeast install with 10.7 osx
2) install 10.7.3 combo update (dl it separate and install don't do mac update)
3) (I installed 10.7.3. 570 gtx kexts here to enable 1080p)
3) multibeast (easybeast) *with kexts (hnak for lan) - optionally add other kexts LATER
4) set system to 12,2 (imac) supports this specific i2600k and eventually speedstep if you get that installed
5) kext utility to fix permissions on s/l/e

reboot

do this with 1 video card
easier with just 1 hd installed at the time
make sure your boot order in bios picks that hd.

this is a summary but is pretty easy to get to the basic install. don't do dsdt until you have your system at least booting, you don't need it yet.

dylan90401 said:
4) set system to 12,2 (imac) supports this specific i2600k and eventually speedstep if you get that installed

Can you elaborate on this particular step? I have this same board with 3202 Bios. I've read SO much information and I'm sure I've come across a thread on it I just can't recall.

A side from that, I can get 10.7.2 Lion to boot after installing, however when I run Multibeast after updating to 10.7.3, It gives me a Failed Installation. So I'm kinda lost at that point.

I would love to hear from more people with this board/bios. I've seen vague non gen3 stuff but nothing really concrete, there HAS to be more people with this board.

Sorry for hijacking this o_O

dylan90401 said:
sargentpilcher said:
I've spent the last 2 days trying to get this hackinstosh stuff to work.

Does anybody have any advice they can offer me?

did any of this help, did you get your system booted?

Oh, I assumed that the install file I got was already 10.7.3

I bought the retail lion off of the apple app store, so I assumed it would be the most up to date vesion. That will be the next thing I try, assuming that it's not already 10.7.3

Updating didn't work. I can't boot into Lion after the update is applied.

Im in the same boat. The only way I can currently get lion to boot is with rBoot w/PCIRootUID=0. One of my problems is that I can't get Multibeast 4.2.1 to install, Fails every time.

Im running a P8Z68 I used a guide off youtube initially using iboot & multibeast i boot with -v maxmem=4096 pcirootuid=1 i install disc reboot with iboot then use multibeast to do userdsdt found dsdt over on that olarila site i chose the P8Z68V patch as they do not have GEN3 use dsdt editor and the guide i came across on this site. dsdt path does not enable my audio card have had trouble getting ALC892 fully enabled im almost using the modded bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back