MSI GTX 760 OC 4gb Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

I really need a hand getting OSX 10.10 to upgrade on my 10.9.5 hackintosh. I've been battling with it day in and day out for over a week now.

I have followed the guide and removed all the required kexts, however, when I boot into the installer using the flags -x and -v the installer stops on "Still waiting for root device..."

I am on a GA-z77x-UD3H, i7-3770K, 32GB of RAM, and a GTX 760

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am upgrading from a functioning OSX 10.9.5 install to OSX 10.10 using a Multibeast USB.

Hey all,

I really need a hand getting OSX 10.10 to install on my hackintosh. I've been battling with it day in and day out for over a week now.

I have followed the guide and removed all the required kexts, however, when I boot into the installer using the flags -x and -v the installer stops on "Still waiting for root device..."

I am on a GA-z77x-UD3H, i7-3770K, 32GB of RAM, and a GTX 760

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Waiting for root device usually means the SATA is not set to AHCI in the BIOS.

Good modding,
neil

Hey Neil,

Thanks for the advice, but I have tried and tried again with constant resets to default settings on the bios, and then setting BIOS to AHCI.

Any other advice?

Try using a usb 2.0 port for your unibeast instead of a 3.0

That's the problem: The z77x UD3h only has USB 3.0 ports. The two which I would assume would work without drivers 100% of the time (correct me if I'm wrong, it worked when I installed OSX 10.9) are the two USB ports directly under the ethernet, which are controlled by the chipset itself.

I've tried both of those, still no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back