Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So i have what i think is a pretty nice laptop, i've been trying to get snow leopard working for a while now but have not had much success. i have gotten it to the point where i was able to get the retail 10.6.3 DVD to install, only to boot up to the welcome/new user setup and have no usb/trackpad/or keyboard. i simply cannot progress past this point and i was wondering if there is another approach i can use by having my DSDT edited.

would a guru on these forums be willing to assist me with my DSDT and installation procedure?

allow me to give a little details on my system.

it is a Dell M4500 with a 1600X900 WLED display
Intel Core i5 560m Cpu @ 2.66Ghz ~ 3.06Ghz (TurboBoost)
Nvidia Quadro 880m FX with 1GB DDR3 Memory
4GB of DDR3 System Memory
500GB Internal Sata 3.0 HDD
60GB Sata HDD in the optical bay
8X DVDRW connected to esata and powered via usb port on the left side of my notebook

In the EFI/Bios for this laptop i have it set to AHCI.
VT is completely Enabled. With Trusted Execution Turned on As well.
All CPU Cores Are Enabled.
Hypertreading is Enabled.

the internal Wireless i know i have to replace as it is a Broadcom BCM4313 and i will get to that. however in the mean time i have an intel 82577LM Gigabit Ethernet Controller and a Realtek USB Wireless Adapter that i could use if i could get it up and running in the mean time.

here is the thing that gets me... installation always ends with the same result. i have full mouse/usb/keyboard/trackpad in setup if i use the iboot... and then nothing after the OS is actually installed.

i realize i sound like a total noob, but i promise im actually quite skilled. just not in the universe of DSDT and ACPI knowledge.

to be clear though i have in my possession a retail 10.6.3 DVD i bought from frys electronics and i can burn whatever copies of iboot and tools that may be required as my ESATA port works great in setup apparantly.

so if anyone is willing to help me with my DSDT... which i "think" is the problem please let me know i would really like to start creating iphone/ipod/ipad games on my laptop but apple simply wont release xcode or its developer tools to windows users.
thank you for taking the time to read this.

i will also attach my DSDT as soon as i have my first question answered.
should i be dumping it while in windows with iasl or in ubuntu 11.04?

thanks again everyone!
Rob

Any luck on this? I am attempting to do the same and would love to benefit from a well crafted dsdt if you have one. Have the i7 model though, but same video.

Thanks for any help.

Either of you have any luck?

I've found this: http://-- PIRACY PROMOTING SITE o --.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2709, but have yet to try the specific list of patches. Will be trying it later this week if not tonight.

Just getting a black screen on install even with npci=0x3000.

My M4500 is identical to yours Diablo99.

Also, just noticed the year gap on EACH post.. roflmeow.

Still, need some helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back