Contribute
Register

Help with Loading Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted w/ sand disk cruzer flash drive inserted

Your bluetooth device is in the ioreg. You will find it under PCI0 -> EHC2 -> WirelessControllerDevice. Vendor/Device-id is 03f0:311d. And my version of IOath3kfrmwr.kext (firmware loader) already has support for it. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Be aware that the AR3011 is not a very good implementation of bluetooth, but you could try it...

Your bluetooth device is in the ioreg. You will find it under PCI0 -> EHC2 -> WirelessControllerDevice. Vendor/Device-id is 03f0:311d. And my version of IOath3kfrmwr.kext (firmware loader) already has support for it. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Be aware that the AR3011 is not a very good implementation of bluetooth, but you could try it...

Thanks, before I install the kext, I see IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext in my S/L/Extensions folder. Should I delete those?

Thanks, before I install the kext, I see IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext in my S/L/Extensions folder. Should I delete those?

No. IOath3kfrmwr.kext is just a firmware loader. It doesn't actually implement any bluetooth functionality. All it does is send the firmware bits to the device when it is loaded (which is when the firmware is not loaded). After that, it is all stock kexts in OS X.

No. IOath3kfrmwr.kext is just a firmware loader. It doesn't actually implement any bluetooth functionality. All it does is send the firmware bits to the device when it is loaded (which is when the firmware is not loaded). After that, it is all stock kexts in OS X.

Ok i installed it but still no new interfaces available under network. When I go to system information, and i refresh the USB tab, sometimes Bluetooth HCI will appear under USB Hi-Speed Bus > Hub > Bluetooth HCI; whenever i refresh, it disappears.

Ok i installed it but still no new interfaces available under network. When I go to system information, and i refresh the USB tab, sometimes Bluetooth HCI will appear under USB Hi-Speed Bus > Hub > Bluetooth HCI; whenever i refresh, it disappears.

Is the firmware loading succesfully? Look in system.log, filter for 'ioath'

Is the firmware loading succesfully? Look in system.log, filter for 'ioath'

i posted the system log with the ioath filter

Attachments

• system.log
    32.3 KB · Views: 102
i posted the system log with the ioath filter

It is a successful firmware load. It takes about 30 seconds after firmware loads for OS X drivers to kick in. Do you see bluetooth info in System Information? And are you running with stock bluetooth kexts or have they been tampered with?

It is a successful firmware load. It takes about 30 seconds after firmware loads for OS X drivers to kick in. Do you see bluetooth info in System Information? And are you running with stock bluetooth kexts or have they been tampered with?

Under Bluetooth in System Information, all it says is No Information Found. And I know I am not running stock bt kexts (the ones mentioned earlier) since i downloaded them from various sources to try to get bt working

Under Bluetooth in System Information, all it says is No Information Found. And I know I am not running stock bt kexts (the ones mentioned earlier) since i downloaded them from various sources to try to get bt working

Restore your stock kexts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back