Dell Latitude E7450
CPU
i5-5300U
Graphics
Intel HD 5500 + GT 840m 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi Everyone,

I successfully finished install of Sierra 10.12.6 on a Dell Latitude E7450 and I am stuck with a Dell Latitude E5570 equipped with i5-6440HQ non Nvidia graphics, here is the problem:

I created a bootable USB key with Unibeast, modified the 0x432 variable, installed last Clover with everything got from a E7470 or E5470 install s(Kext and ACPI).

The laptop boot and is ready to install Sierra 10.12.3 but before starting the install when i am the menu with all languages moving, if I disconnect power from the laptop, it freeze and the crazy thing is that, if I start the same install with power disconnected and I connect it, it freeze the similar way.

This laptop is new and as been tested running well under Windows 10 without any problem if do the same.

I tried verbose mode in Clover, it seems that the system freeze even in the first beginning off the boot.

PS: I5-6440HQ is a real quad core but without hyper threading (usually I5 is dual core with Hyper threading) I don't know if this can explain something.

So .... I am stuck..

Many thanks for help if somebody has an idea.

PS: If i do not touch power supply I can continue through the install process. After install removing power supply has the same effect, freeze..

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I successfully finished install of Sierra 10.12.6 on a Dell Latitude E7450 and I am stuck with a Dell Latitude E5570 equipped with i5-6440HQ non Nvidia graphics, here is the problem:

I created a bootable USB key with Unibeast, modified the 0x432 variable, installed last Clover with everything got from a E7470 or E5470 install s(Kext and ACPI).

The laptop boot and is ready to install Sierra 10.12.3 but before starting the install when i am the menu with all languages moving, if I disconnect power from the laptop, it freeze and the crazy thing is that, if I start the same install with power disconnected and I connect it, it freeze the similar way.

This laptop is new and as been tested running well under Windows 10 without any problem if do the same.

I tried verbose mode in Clover, it seems that the system freeze even in the first beginning off the boot.

PS: I5-6440HQ is a real quad core but without hyper threading (usually I5 is dual core with Hyper threading) I don't know if this can explain something.

So .... I am stuck..

Many thanks for help if somebody has an idea.

PS: If i do not touch power supply I can continue through the install process. After install removing power supply has the same effect, freeze..

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry RehabMan,

In this case i have no file to attach because i can reproduce the problem in the first beginning black screen with the white apple.
So i think it is in the first configuration of Clover, after loading the EFI loader.

I tried yesterday with a live Linux, no problem wit disconnecting or connecting power supply on the laptop, so no hardware problem.

i am not aware of all concerning first Clover configuration.
If the problem appear at the first beginning just give me please the possible file to attach in my post.

Thanks

Sorry RehabMan,

In this case i have no file to attach because i can reproduce the problem in the first beginning black screen with the white apple.
So i think it is in the first configuration of Clover, after loading the EFI loader.

I tried yesterday with a live Linux, no problem wit disconnecting or connecting power supply on the laptop, so no hardware problem.

No OS installed at the moment.

If the problem appear at the first beginning just give me please the possible file to attach in my post.

Thanks

Sorry RehabMan,

Thanks

Read post #2.

Sorry ReHabMan i don't know what to add to my post. I have read all what you asked to me.
if there is a particular subject i mess just give it to me please.

As i said this laptop is able to boot and install Sierra i must Just avoid to manipulate power supply (remove or put) wich cause it to freeze. the laptop is new.

Sorry ReHabMan i don't know what to add to my post. I have read all what you asked to me.
if there is a particular subject i mess just give it to me please.

As i said this laptop is able to boot and install Sierra i must Just avoid to manipulate power supply (remove or put) wich cause it to freeze. the laptop is new.

You need to attach problem reporting files as per FAQ.

Hi RehabMan,

Here are 2 screenshots and config.plist I use.
After boot start and OsxAptioFix2Drv loading followed by ++++++++++++++++
if I don't remove power all is going up to langages menu waiting.
If I remove power plug, it freeze just after +++++++++++
I am lost

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Hi RehabMan,

Here are 2 screenshots and config.plist I use.
After boot start and OsxAptioFix2Drv loading followed by ++++++++++++++++
if I don't remove power all is going up to langages menu waiting.
If I remove power plug, it freeze just after +++++++++++
I am lost

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

everything got from a E7470 or E5470 install s(Kext and ACPI).
Never use ACPI files from different computers. Extract/patch the native ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back