CPU
i7-6700k @ 4.40 ghz
Graphics
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, and apologies if this isnt the right place to post this. im new to the hackintosh scene and these forums.

here is my current build:
i7-6700k
MSI Pro Solution Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170-A Pro)
Kingston HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2x8GB)
EVGA 500w B1 power supply
Samsung 250GB SSD for Win10
WD Blue 1TB for Win10 file storage
Samsung 2TB SSD for OS X Sierra

so i followed multiple guides here and on other forums (that usually pointed back to this site), set up my bootable usb with the latest unibeast and multibeast for sierra. right now i have the mobo settings set up, latest bios flashed, usb is plugged into my pc and i can always boot into the clover menu. however when i select install osx from usb, after a second or two of loading it takes me to a black screen and freezes. im guessing its freezing because after a couple minutes my usb activity light will stop flashing and appear likes its not being used. ive made sure that im using boot args: dart=0 nv-disable=1 and tried using -x for safe mode with no success.

like i said this is all very new to me, so im not too familiar with exactly how the other boot arguments work. any help would be appreciated!!! :]

Hello, and apologies if this isnt the right place to post this. im new to the hackintosh scene and these forums.

here is my current build:
i7-6700k
MSI Pro Solution Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170-A Pro)
Kingston HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2x8GB)
EVGA 500w B1 power supply
Samsung 250GB SSD for Win10
WD Blue 1TB for Win10 file storage
Samsung 2TB SSD for OS X Sierra

so i followed multiple guides here and on other forums (that usually pointed back to this site), set up my bootable usb with the latest unibeast and multibeast for sierra. right now i have the mobo settings set up, latest bios flashed, usb is plugged into my pc and i can always boot into the clover menu. however when i select install osx from usb, after a second or two of loading it takes me to a black screen and freezes. im guessing its freezing because after a couple minutes my usb activity light will stop flashing and appear likes its not being used. ive made sure that im using boot args: dart=0 nv-disable=1 and tried using -x for safe mode with no success.

like i said this is all very new to me, so im not too familiar with exactly how the other boot arguments work. any help would be appreciated!!! :]

If you haven't already configured your Sierra USB Installer for your Video card, GTX 1070 for using the NVIDIA Alternate drivers, please take a look at the instructions here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-4-378-05-05-05.218005/

ive made sure that im using boot args: dart=0 nv-disable=1
nv-disable=1 is wrong and will have no effect - It should be nv_disable=1

If you haven't already configured your Sierra USB Installer for your Video card, GTX 1070 for using the NVIDIA Alternate drivers, please take a look at the instructions here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-4-378-05-05-05.218005/

i did happen to see that post, but was a little confused. am i configuring that on the bootable usb on my current mac sierra system, and then continuing with the installation process on my pc? or do i configure those settings post sierra installation on the pc?

nv-disable=1 is wrong and will have no effect - It should be nv_disable=1
that was a typo on my part, my bad! i am using nv_disable=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back