CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ Rx 480 8GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cannot get past this no drives are recognized. Help appreciated...

Hardware:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5
EVGA SuperNova 750 80+
Samsung 850 500GB SSD
2 x Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 500GB
AMD RX 480 Sapphire Nitro 8gb
2 x 16 Crucial Ballistix Memory
EVGA 750 G3

Boot Screen.JPG

Cannot get past this no drives are recognized. Help appreciated...

Hardware:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5
EVGA SuperNova 750 80+
Samsung 850 500GB SSD
2 x Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 500GB
AMD RX 480 Sapphire Nitro 8gb
2 x 16 Crucial Ballistix Memory
EVGA 750 G3

View attachment 240990

• Shut down>Reboot> BIOS setup> check and make sure Year is current and Date and Time corresponding to your Time zone.
  • Disable your 2 x Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 500GB
  • Make sure Samsung 500GB SSD is recognized in the BIOS
  • Setup all other BIOS options appropriate for reboot for macOSSierra USB Installer Disk
  • Set MacOSSierra UEFI USB as the first boot device
  • Save Setup(F10) and reboot
  • F12 >macOSierra USB Installer >Clover Boot Manager Screen
  • Use along with other required boot flags, Verbose mode boot (-v) in Clover Boot Args:-
  • Now try again to install and see if you can use Diskutility to detect the target Disk to partition, Format and Install macOSSierra

@bluewavemaui, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Thanks - I'm not clear about using Clover and entering boot args...do I make a backup of Sierra from my Macbook to the USB Drive, then enter my drive and make all edits on the USB in the Macbook, than essential restore it to the Hackintosh?

Last edited:
I have a 32" monitor and did not see the disk utility at the top left when I got the welcome screen. Now my Samsung SSD is recognized, but I cannot select partition from disk utility... what can I do the get Disk utility to partition my SSD?
image1.JPG

I have a 32" monitor and did not see the disk utility at the top left when I got the welcome screen. Now my Samsung SSD is recognized, but I cannot select partition from disk utility... what can I do the get Disk utility to partition my SSD?View attachment 245550
Your SSD is not initialized. Click on the Samsung SSD and then click on "First Aid" menu and see if it gets initialized to let you do the next steps.|

OK I Managed to get the Samsung Formatted and did install Sierra will attempt post install items

I got Sierra up and running, internet and able to restart and boot to OSX...

Now I need to edit some kexts to get my Radeon Sapphire 480 Nitro working...

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I edit a kext , I know the part about putting it in the kext wizard after I edit, what do you use to change the kext itself?

I got Sierra up and running, internet and able to restart and boot to OSX...

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I edit a kext , I know the part about putting it in the kext wizard after I edit, what do you use to change the kext itself?

What sort of editing you are planning to do? If you are contemplating modifying the contents of the Kext, you are likely to get better help and expert guidance in the Post Installation >Graphics> AMD Graphics Card section https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

It may be a good idea there to explain your current problems or perceived lack of expected performance from your installed Graphics card as the symptom along with any screen shots to make the point clearer.

In this section most of those answering questions want to help in the basic or "vanilla" installation.For all the Post-install customization with each component like the Graphics, Audio, networking etc , you are better off posting questions in the subsections once the system is stable enough to boot and perform common tasks after installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back