Contribute
Register

Help With HP Pavillion 15 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install finished perfectly but I have spend the last 4 hours trying to get the Ethernet to work. It’s a Realtek Gbe Family Controller NIC so I am using the latest version of RehabMan’s Realtek Kext. Followed the guide to a T but it isn’t working. I have moved the fakesmc install from the usb to the hard disk and that is being detected but not the Realtek driver. It’s in /s/l/e and can be manually loaded afterwards (but doesn’t do anything) but will not load up by itself during the boot?

Install finished perfectly but I have spend the last 4 hours trying to get the Ethernet to work. It’s a Realtek Gbe Family Controller NIC so I am using the latest version of RehabMan’s Realtek Kext. Followed the guide to a T but it isn’t working. I have moved the fakesmc install from the usb to the hard disk and that is being detected but not the Realtek driver. It’s in /s/l/e and can be manually loaded afterwards (but doesn’t do anything) but will not load up by itself during the boot?
should not be in S/L/E

keep your kexts in clover/kexts/other with Catalina

should not be in S/L/E

keep your kexts in clover/kexts/other with Catalina
I’ve read that the latest version of clover won’t inject Ethernet drivers? I’ve reverted to this and still no luck

I’ve read that the latest version of clover won’t inject Ethernet drivers? I’ve reverted to this and still no luck
not heard of that before

zip and upload your clover folder

and in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

I removed the previously installed entries as you said and rebuilt the kext cache. I then moved the kexts back into the other folder and rebooted. I then rebuilt the kexts again on boot which yeilded this result:

mrobraven@Matthews-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo kextcache -i /
Password:
KernelCache ID: A4F29F8568E1518213F8437BFA7C9D9C

When I list the third party kexts, the fakesmc appears but not the ethernet kext?

mrobraven@Matthews-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo kextstat | grep -v com.apple
Password:
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
57 0 0xffffff7f82dc6000 0xb000 0xb000 org.netkas.FakeSMC (3.5.2) 6278FBFB-B844-3B87-AB22-082386772375 <12 8 6 5 3>

Attached is my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 51
I removed the previously installed entries as you said and rebuilt the kext cache. I then moved the kexts back into the other folder and rebooted. I then rebuilt the kexts again on boot which yeilded this result:

mrobraven@Matthews-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo kextcache -i /
Password:
KernelCache ID: A4F29F8568E1518213F8437BFA7C9D9C

When I list the third party kexts, the fakesmc appears but not the ethernet kext?

mrobraven@Matthews-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo kextstat | grep -v com.apple
Password:
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
57 0 0xffffff7f82dc6000 0xb000 0xb000 org.netkas.FakeSMC (3.5.2) 6278FBFB-B844-3B87-AB22-082386772375 <12 8 6 5 3>

Attached is my EFI folder
delete the fakesmc.kext from /l/e

also update your realtek kext:

delete the fakesmc.kext from /l/e

also update your realtek kext:
I’d already deleted the fakesmc entry. Upgraded the Realtek Kext but still the same issue of it not showing up when I do a kextstat (that’s after rebuilding the next cache)

still the same issue of it not showing up when I do a kextstat

Kexts injected from Clover (or OpenCore) do not 'show up' in the kext cache.

Kexts injected from Clover (or OpenCore) do not 'show up' in the kext cache.
Aah I see, will the Ethernet device automatically show up in network preferences if the Kext has worked?

will the Ethernet device automatically show up in network preferences if the Kext has worked?
Maybe, if it doesn't you should be able to add it.
Look in System Information - Ethernet Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back