Contribute
Register

Help with HP Envy j104el

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @RehabMan,

i've installed High Sierra on my HP envy j104sl following all your posts and using your Clover builds. Your support is very precious in this forum, so thank you for all the work and time that you spent for us.

i've a problem with my graphic card, after installing clover (following your recommendation for Haswell j series) on my ssd the system boot (insanely fast) but my screen (i don't know the technical term) looks like in the gif i've attached. Fortunately connecting an external hdmi monitor i can switch the resolution of the screen that fix the video of my monitor. So i've run the debug script and i now need your help.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• debug_7496.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • ezgif-5-71862c0db4.gif
    ezgif-5-71862c0db4.gif
    3 MB · Views: 46
Hi @RehabMan,

i've installed High Sierra on my HP envy j104sl following all your posts and using your Clover builds. Your support is very precious in this forum, so thank you for all the work and time that you spent for us.

i've a problem with my graphic card, after installing clover (following your recommendation for Haswell j series) on my ssd the system boot (insanely fast) but my screen (i don't know the technical term) looks like in the gif i've attached. Fortunately connecting an external hdmi monitor i can switch the resolution of the screen that fix the video of my monitor. So i've run the debug script and i now need your help.

thanks in advance

Your ACPI/patched content is wrong (guide does not call for adding SSDT-SB-i7.aml... you must remove it).

Also, you have other kexts installed not recommended by the guide.
Suggest you start over and follow the guide as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-envy-haswell-series-j-k-q-n-using-clover-uefi.232963/

Hi @RehabMan, I started over, recreating the usb drive, installing the os, and following the guide.

The same problem keeps happening..

I've not installed other kext outside your script "download.sh" of this repo (https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch)

Your ACPI/patched content is wrong (guide does not call for adding SSDT-SB-i7.aml... you must remove it).

if I still have this problem, please, can you explain me how to fix it?

Attachments

• debug_11832.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hi @RehabMan, I started over, recreating the usb drive, installing the os, and following the guide.

The same problem keeps happening..

I've not installed other kext outside your script "download.sh" of this repo (https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch)

if I still have this problem, please, can you explain me how to fix it?

You still did not follow the guide:
- OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi not recommended
- must rebuild cache then reboot (your ioreg shows AppleBacklight patch not applied, likely due to kernel cache not updated prior to last boot)

Also, you should check your BIOS settings (fast boot disabled, legacy boot/CSM enabled).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back