Contribute
Register

Help with GIGABYTE X299 DESIGNARE EX / Intel Core i7-7800X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Has anyone got the DSDT or SSDT files for the Gigabyte X299 Designare EX board yet? Especially the thunderbolt hot-swap? Thanks!

X299 Platform is Quad channel. You need 4 or 8 sticks of ram to activate it. With only 2 sticks works but is never fine; for more stability and compatibility take 4 or 8 sticks of ram. To find the good ram, take reference number of ram on seller and look for list of memory compatibility on support motherboard website seller . Two sticks of ram is fine for dual channel platforms.

Look at this... (VIDEO link) I'm about to buy that motherboard just because I saw that if you could do hackintosh in the video that I sent you ... but reading your post, I'm not so sure anymore? You already could solve it?

Look at this... (VIDEO link) I'm about to buy that motherboard just because I saw that if you could do hackintosh in the video that I sent you ... but reading your post, I'm not so sure anymore? You already could solve it?

just saw that video ; ) does your TB3 work now? was it a long process to get it work. in the video, their TB3 didnt work in mac os. just for windows. i am debating whether i should get the x299 Designare or a non-TB3 x299 with a separate TB Titan ridge pci adapter ? curious about your experience with your build

Hackintosh is simple. With gigabyte mb:
1: use "latest" clover boot-loader, Install with "Only EFI Mode" + double check the "apfs driverS" .
2: Kexts: FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, Lulu+Whatevergreen and that should be enough.
3: Clover Configurator App: Setup Vanilla Config file with Clover Configurator App (vanilla=no special tweaks enabled in Clover config file). Set Mac19.1 in SMBIOS.

NOTE: if you previously installed Clover NOT with "Only EFI Mode" then delete EFI folder before installing Clover.

That should be enough.

Keep it simple, keep it vanilla.

And try to install to a normal M.2 or Sata disk. No raid cards or weird configurations.
Unplug other hard disks if u are unsure. If everything works: enable things one by one then -> use Carbon Copy Cloner

UPDATE in May (Catalina 10.15.4 + GA x299 UD4 Pro)
===================================
- use Clover 5108
- npci=0x2000
- Lilu + Whatevergreen (Whatevergreen is needed for fixing minor video imperfections)
- use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC
- use TSCAdjustReset.kext -> edit Info.plist with your CPU type
- no need for NullCPUPowerManagement
- AppleALC + alcid=1 + InjectKexts=YES
- SMCProcessor.kext + SMCSuperIO.kext ==> HWSensors to work
- SSDT patches for sleep to work properly
- IntelMausiEthernet.kext
- iMac 18, 19 or iMacPro1,1 => they all seem to work but have different Sleep properties (which can be hacked later on)

Last edited:
Hackintosh is simple. With gigabyte mb:
1: use "latest" clover boot-loader, Install with "Only EFI Mode" + double check the "apfs driverS" .
2: Kexts: FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, Lulu+Whatevergreen and that should be enough.
3: Clover Configurator App: Setup Vanilla Config file with Clover Configurator App (vanilla=no special tweaks enabled in Clover config file). Set Mac19.1 in SMBIOS.

NOTE: if you previously installed Clover NOT with "Only EFI Mode" then delete EFI folder before installing Clover.

That should be enough.

Keep it simple, keep it vanilla.

And try to install to a normal M.2 or Sata disk. No raid cards or weird configurations.
Unplug other hard disks if u are unsure. If everything works: enable things one by one then -> use Carbon Copy Cloner

....this leaves out a lot of details like:

- Audio controller configuration (I useld AppleALC + Lilu kext method)
- Basic thunderbolt functionality: just trying to get it to work (not even hot-swap). If anyone can point me in the rigth direction for the x299 Designare EX card, that'd be much appreciated.
- USB port configuration: port number limits & mapping (still working on it)
- WiFi & Bluetooth: I purchased a Broadcom PCIe adapter (should work out of the box, but might require some extra steps), because the onboard wireless chip just isn't compatible at all

But I can confirm that @karthik's EFI (post #11, above) works, and would use this as a starting point for anyone with a x299 Designare EX Motherboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back