Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm a new Hackintosh user and recently got ALMOST everything working.

I'm running the following:
ASUS p7h55d-m EVO
Intel core i5
4GB G-skill ram DDR3 1600
XFX ATI 5770
Crucial SSD 64GB
Coolermaster PS 700W

OC'ed to 3.6ghz

Anyone know how to get the eSATA ports working??? That's what one of the few things I have left to do.

elemental said:
I'm a new Hackintosh user and recently got ALMOST everything working.

I'm running the following:
ASUS p7h55d-m EVO
Intel core i5
4GB G-skill ram DDR3 1600
XFX ATI 5770
Crucial SSD 64GB
Coolermaster PS 700W

OC'ed to 3.6ghz

Anyone know how to get the eSATA ports working??? That's what one of the few things I have left to do.
What chipset does it use?

When booting I can see the eSata drive right away and it gives me the following information:

Marvell 88se61xx Bios version 1.1.0.L73

If it makes any difference my hard drive is a OWC mercury elite-al pro set up in Raid 0. Two western digital 1.5TB hard drives. Would be great if I could get e-sata up again. I can't wait to see Lightroom working smooth as butter once again =P So far though, loving the hackintosh!

Thanks btw macman for responding to the post. I really, really appreciate it.

elemental said:
When booting I can see the eSata drive right away and it gives me the following information:

Marvell 88se61xx Bios version 1.1.0.L73

If it makes any difference my hard drive is a OWC mercury elite-al pro set up in Raid 0. Two western digital 1.5TB hard drives. Would be great if I could get e-sata up again. I can't wait to see Lightroom working smooth as butter once again =P So far though, loving the hackintosh!

Thanks btw macman for responding to the post. I really, really appreciate it.
Did you search for "Marvell 88se61" to see if there are any kexts for it?

WoW! What an easy fix..LOL I searched on kexts.com and found one.

I feel so stupid for not even thinking of that as a solution...

Here's the link for future readers...Makes your esata work.
http://www.kexts.com/view/201-appleviaa ... ution.html

The one thing I noticed MacMan is that its not hot-swappable...is that another kext? Or am I missing something?

I noticed you had the JMicronesata kexts that you created to make it hotswappable...Can I use those kexts to make my esata marvell hotswappable? Doesn't sound possible but figured I should ask in case.

After reading and searching on the forums I tried installing JMicron36xeSATA.kext. Still not hot swappable, but computer boots fine and esata works if its plugged in before boot.

Macman, by chance do you have any idea how to get eSATA hot swappable? Also, I now can't shutdown...it just gets stuck..any wise words would be appreciated :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back