1. eMac
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was trying to update Ventura from 13.2.1 to latest, only just realizing I hadn't received any of the latest update prompts. System Prefences kept claiming I was uptodate. Decided to check Terminal and it said SIP is disabled. This felt weird because my recollection was leaving it enabled while updating to Ventura AND I've also performed a couple of updates in it. So at some point something has to have changed.

Then I rechecked Dortania's guide for the enabled status, opened my config in OCATools and was greeted with this.

sip_entries.jpg

Am I wrong, but is there clutter not belonging there? Shouldn't there be just one line for csr-active-config, and when I want SIP enabled, that being the topmost? Sorry if I'm asking downright stupid things... My mind says to remove those others (items 2–5) as they also clearly refer to previous systems but I'm worried to do so since my knowledge is lacking here.

Thanks for any input! :)

The hash (#) character defines an item as a comment.
They are there for information.

The failure to update issue is usually solved by setting SecureBootModel to Default.

The hash (#) character defines an item as a comment.
They are there for information.

The failure to update issue is usually solved by setting SecureBootModel to Default.
Thanks a lot! :) I must have been a bit tired and not noticed the hashtags in plain sight... So, my csr-active-config is 00000000 which means enabled. This leaves me wondering why Terminal reports its status as disabled.

But anyway, I've changed SecureBootModel and will try with it soon. (I must have left it off remembering the problems with it earlier. Should read my Dortania better...)

Would it be better still to use the iMacPro1,1 specific code for SecureBootModel, or is there any reason to not do that? Anyone using one of those?
Are you confusing SecureBootModel with csr-active-config ?

No experience with it on my builds but I have seen posts where others are using the j*** values with success.

Back