Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've just put together a new machine for hackintoshing. Finally got Lion up an running (big thank to Unibeast), only issue is that Lion does not detect a second monitor, which did work before with Snow Leopard. Not sure what my next steps should be so any help would be much appreciated.

Specs:
GA-P67A-UD4-B3 (F5)
Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte GV-r685OC-1GD

I encountered a similar problem with a Sapphire HD 5770 graphics card on OS X 10.7.2.

Both monitors work without problems as long as just one monitor is plugged in. It doesn't matter if I use DVI or HDMI - both work just fine.
As soon as I plug in the second monitor it recognizes the monitor, but only as a VGA-Monitor using VGA resolution. Changing the cables results in switching one monitor to the correct resolution and the other one to a VGA-Monitor.

I used Vervet in OS X 10.6.4 and it worked just fine. Maybe I should change the Kext (ATI5000Controller.kext) to using Vervet and see how it works out. I'll try that next and report back. If it works out it might possibly work for you, too.

EDIT: Nevermind. I read some other post about HD 5770s and mixed it up with yours. You use a different graphics card. Sorry about that.

With my 6850 I had to change to GraphicsEnabler=No . That gave me dual monitor support, but I'm unsure if I've got full acceleration.

GraphicsEnabler=No is allowing me to run both monitors, everything looks great, and I can even put it to sleep. But I can't change my background image. Not a big deal, much rather have the dual monitors any day. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back