Graphics
radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So i installed a new 128GB SSD.. spit it into two partitions, formatted one for ML and one msd0s.

Got the ML install working with a few little changes here and there, it boots fine etc.

So i asked HP to send em the installer disks, and they sen me Win7 pro instead of home (which was nice of them). I put the dvd in booted, selected the msdos partiton, formatted it to NTFS and started the install .. the thing is it' stuck on:

EXPANDING WINDOWS FILES (0%)

any ideas how, why and what to do?

EDIT: i had tried this 3 times and then as i pressed SUBMITT it jumped to 1% and has been climbing since, guess you just have to wait for 20 minutes!

So i installed a new 128GB SSD.. spit it into two partitions, formatted one for ML and one msd0s.

Got the ML install working with a few little changes here and there, it boots fine etc.

So i asked HP to send em the installer disks, and they sen me Win7 pro instead of home (which was nice of them). I put the dvd in booted, selected the msdos partiton, formatted it to NTFS and started the install .. the thing is it' stuck on:

EXPANDING WINDOWS FILES (0%)

any ideas how, why and what to do?

EDIT: i had tried this 3 times and then as i pressed SUBMITT it jumped to 1% and has been climbing since, guess you just have to wait for 20 minutes!

I don't know if that is normal or not. It has been so long since I installed Windows from DVD, I just don't remember. These days it easier to use a USB stick. Hopefully things go well for you from here on.

But... you will want to check that your laptop has a Win7 key for Windows 7 Pro. If it has a product key for Windows 7 Home Premium, you're going to have to re-install with Home Premium instead. A Home Premium key will not work with a Windows 7 Pro install, at least from what I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back