Graphics
None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, This is my first post on tonymacx86 and first Hackintosh build. I am running into only one trouble for last few days.

After successfully installing Mountain Lion everything was running perfectly.

Problem starts here
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I download MultiBeast ML 5.0, and run the process and choose the USER DSDT/DSDT Free Installation.
(I did use to choose other options like Graphics and sound but later read a post says try one option at a time to see any improvement in post installation)

It successfully completes the process but as soon as system restarts it shows distorted screen and left me no choice but to reinstall and try again. (See Picture 1 and 2). I tried booting with different options like -x or -v but still no progress.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried Chimera 2.0.1 as well, I can see the whole screen but then it gives me Kernal Panic or sometimes stuck on the apple logo
(see Pic 3 and 4)
Pic 3 = Gives me an option to choose between ML and Win8, I choose ML (1st option not clear in the picture says, hd(0,2)MLion)
and then goes to infinite loop in Pic 4 (White screen Apple logo with no mouse pointer).

I tired it booting to safe mode -x = logo and white screen loop

tried -v = Still waiting for root device

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I do not use/install MultiBeast or Chimera 2.0.1 and choose to boot form the USB it works perfectly every single time but that is not an option for me.
Once I use either of them I can not go back to choose form USB, I'm forced to reinstall ML.

I do not have any idea about the errors and I did wasted nearly a week trying building my first Hackintosh before posting to tonymacx86.
I am new to Mac OS so have no past experience. I did a lot of research and went through too many problems but now I think I need your help.

System Spec.
i5 3570k
ASUS Maximus v Formula z77
Corsair Dominator 8gb
Samsung 840 SSD
Still Under Construction
:D

Attachments

• 1 MultiBeast.JPG
    1 MultiBeast.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 2 MultiBeast.JPG
    2 MultiBeast.JPG
    445.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 3 Chimera 2.0.JPG
    3 Chimera 2.0.JPG
    528.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 4 Chimera 2.0.JPG
    4 Chimera 2.0.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 115
i5 3570k
ASUS Maximus v Formula z77
Corsair Dominator 8gb
Samsung 840 SSD
I have not installed any GPU (will buy after some time)

Hey,

Most likely you need to disable the following option to No in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Good luck!

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key> <string>Yes</string>

Thanks for your reply mate.

I tried it at the BOOT FLAG but nothing happens. (maybe I am not using Chameleon and I am new to Mac word so do not know where is the location of the file and how to edit it, totally Noob:banghead:)

Update-
I had a look at a Thread Still Waiting for root device error

and

I tried cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No, system seems to boot properly without external bootable USB. But now keyboard is not responding. Mouse is still working.

I tried -v and -x but still no response form keyboard. Any Idea??

Thanks for your reply mate.

I tried it at the BOOT FLAG but nothing happens. (maybe I am not using Chameleon and I am new to Mac word so do not know where is the location of the file and how to edit it, totally Noob:banghead:)

Update-
I had a look at a Thread Still Waiting for root device error

and

I tried cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No, system seems to boot properly without external bootable USB. But now keyboard is not responding. Mouse is still working.

I tried -v and -x but still no response form keyboard. Any Idea??
try disabling cpu pll overvoltage in the bios also try plugging into a different USB port. If this doesnt fix it you probably have a bad keyboard

Thanks for your reply.

Its a new build and keyboard is working fine too till Boot Flags anyway I do not know how but here is what I did and got till proper boot without USB

1. Re-Install OS

2. Run Chimera 2.0.1 (Because MultiBeast Installation Failed errors, I ran KextBeast as well but no change),
(I did tested too many things this time but all in-vain, I shall give the details later once I got my system stable)

3. Once I get distorted screen, at Boot Flags I entered PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No.
I got into the system smoothly but I have no Idea how to keep it permanent. Can you please tell me how to make it permanent so I do not have to type it again and again in Boot Flag. Please provide me proper instructions with file locations if any ( i am complete Noob)

Once I make it permanent I shall install graphics/audio/network or whatever recommended by the OSx experts:D

Thanks for your support guys, I could not get to this point without your help.

Thanks for your reply.

Its a new build and keyboard is working fine too till Boot Flags anyway I do not know how but here is what I did and got till proper boot without USB

1. Re-Install OS

2. Run Chimera 2.0.1 (Because MultiBeast Installation Failed errors, I ran KextBeast as well but no change),
(I did tested too many things this time but all in-vain, I shall give the details later once I got my system stable)

3. Once I get distorted screen, at Boot Flags I entered PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No.
I got into the system smoothly but I have no Idea how to keep it permanent. Can you please tell me how to make it permanent so I do not have to type it again and again in Boot Flag. Please provide me proper instructions with file locations if any ( i am complete Noob)

Once I make it permanent I shall install graphics/audio/network or whatever recommended by the OSx experts:D

Thanks for your support guys, I could not get to this point without your help.
The boot flags are located in the file org.boot.chameleon.plist in your extras folder on your boot drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back