Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

First I am newbie to OS X.
I have been trying to install Lion on my Dell XPS 14 for the past two weeks using UniBeast with MultiBeast 4.2.1.

I also use the DSDTPater to extract the DSDT from Windows and applied everything under the "Notebook Core i Nehalem" folder. Before using userDSDT, all USB port did't work.

So far I got following working:
nVidia 425 with 2G ram (only show 1 G)
Network
ALC665 sound (with the ALC665 kext patch I found in OSX86 site)
USB ports
BlueTooth (Apple Magic TrackPad work with 5 fingers Gesture)
Keyboard
MousePad (2 fingers Gesture)
Restart
Mini-Display Port
DVD-ROM Drive
WebCam

Not Working, I need help on these:
Shutdown
Sleep
Battery (Tried VoodooBattery Kext, but don't work)
CardReader

Can anyone give me a pointer how to get these work? I really need to get the Shutdown, sleep and the battery working. I can live without the Card Reader.

Thanks advance for your help!

Keith

Attached the DSDT file:

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    47.8 KB · Views: 157
anyone??

Forgot to mention that the wireless card didn't work, but I ordered the Atheros AR5BHB92 from ebay and waiting it to arrive.

I got the Battery working last night with the AppleACPIBatteryManager kext. But the original non-working battery indicator still showing in the manual bar. Anyone know how to remove the non-working battery icon?

Also, please help with the sleep or shutdown.

Thanks

Keith

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 556
I tested the battery life again. Lion only have around 1.5 hr. Windows 7 has 3.5 hrs. Windows turn down the fans and Lion most of the time have full power on the fans. I am thinking Lion is not using the SpeedStep.

I tried to remove the broken Battery indicator, it works for only that session. It will come back after reboot.

Here is the ALC665 Audio Kext I found. Just backup your original kext from /S/L/E and use Kextbeast to install it, reboot.

Attachments

• ALC 665.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
I just received the mini-pci wireless card I ordered from ebay. Lion automatic detect it. I am very happy now. lol...

I am working on the CPU Power Management. Hope I can get that working soon.

I think I got the CPU Power Management working. The CPU fans actually turn down when idling. My Lion is running much cooler than before. I got 2+ hrs with active browsing internet. :thumbup:

I got a new problem: Atheros AR5BHB92 wireless card conflicts with the Bluetooth Magic Trackpad. It only happen sometime, when it happen I cannot click the webpage link. eg any link in www.tonymacx86.com will not clickable. :banghead:

I here attached my lastest DSDT.

Download the SpeedStepper from here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=258611

Backup AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext first

then run as:
sudo ./speed_stepper_lion_1072 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

my DSDT.aml have the "new HEPT.txt" patch applied.

remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
run Kext Utility
reboot

Good Luck!

I am trying to get the Shutdown / Screen Brightness adjustment working. I have no Brightness slider, I have no way to adjust the brightness. If you have a solution, please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    47.9 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for all your effort putting this information here.

I too have a Dell XPS 14, L401x. I too couldn't get Wireless working. I tried many ways but nothing seems to work. I think even I need to order one of the supported wifi card. Can you please tell me where did you insert that card? I mean, do you need to open your laptop for that? And does it void warranty?

_Garbage_ said:
Thanks for all your effort putting this information here.

I too have a Dell XPS 14, L401x. I too couldn't get Wireless working. I tried many ways but nothing seems to work. I think even I need to order one of the supported wifi card. Can you please tell me where did you insert that card? I mean, do you need to open your laptop for that? And does it void warranty?

I don't care about warranty. My warranty already expired, 1 years and 4 months old. I believed the user manual show you how to replace the wireless card. You turn your laptop, you can see the wireless cover (1 screw). There are 3 wires for the Centrino Wireless card, the replacement card only need two (Black and White).

Here is my photos:

Attachments

• STO_6999.jpg
    STO_6999.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 839
kfphoto said:
I got a new problem: Atheros AR5BHB92 wireless card conflicts with the Bluetooth Magic Trackpad. It only happen sometime, when it happen I cannot click the webpage link. eg any link in http://www.tonymacx86.com will not clickable. :banghead:
Thanks

Found the problem with the Magic Trackpad. Actually, nothing to do with the Magic Trackpad. I believed it cause by the Flash Player. Both Google Chrome and Safari won't handle it, it only happen occasionally. Only Firefox correctly handle it and work perfectly every time.

I am also very new to installing OSX on a computer. I have tried on my older computer and was never successful. I have the same type of computer you have and would like to know what method was used to install. You mentioned that you used the UniBeast. If I used that method, do I need to have Snow Leopard already installed? Any help as to first steps would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back