Contribute
Register

Help with CustoMac Pro Build for video Editing around $1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that one will work after you install the web drivers. Should be VR capable too.
dope. im trying to post my part list but it wont let me assuming cause im a new member.

Last edited by a moderator:
it wont allow me to post my part list without mod approval.

are there different guides for different parts. all were picked from recommended list. want the install to be smooth as possible.

it wont allow me to post my part list without mod approval.

are there different guides for different parts. all were picked from recommended list. want the install to be smooth as possible.
You need to type each part in individually.

There are issues specific to each motherboard that you'll find in User/Golden Builds that use the exact same board. Other than that, yes you will follow the standard macOS installation guide linked in the menu above.

You need to type each part in individually.

There are issues specific to each motherboard that you'll find in User/Golden Builds that use the exact same board. Other than that, yes you will follow the standard macOS installation guide linked in the menu above.

so the gaming version is better for me because it seems to support thunderbolt through minidisplay port. which will help me a lot due to using so many lacie rugged drives.

here is my build list:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card

Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste

I believe this will be the best setup for me. is there any way you can point me in the right direction of the most stable install for this setup? All you help is insanely appreciated. been a while since ive built something like this & hackintosh just makes it that much more complex.

would prefer to go with sierra or whatever is the newest version of OSX that is stable, as this will be for professional work.

Yes, it's fairly complex for a first time installing macOS on PC hardware. First step is to learn the terminology. Start with CustoMac glossary section and look up any terms you don't know yet. https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/the-basics.165/ There is a lot of good info in all the threads here in Basics. Spend some time with those.

After you've got the basics thoroughly read, look at the Installation Guide section for Sierra and study that. If you don't have a Mac or CustoMac to use to make the Unibeast installer that creates extra steps you'd have to take to prepare for the install.

Finally look at this specific info for the board you've chosen. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gm-ga-170x-ultra-gaming-nvidia-950gtx.202072/

The steps to install a 950 are the same as for a 970. Post any questions about installing in Sierra Desktop support.

Hello jbillzphotos,
May I also suggest this card for both Wifi and BT:
802.11AC Desktop Wifi Card 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC Bluetooth 4.0 OS X Yosemite 10.10+ PC/Hackintosh - Handoff and Continuity

Also on the GPUs you can find some on sale if you look around. Especially on Newegg. They will sell a refurbished one for a good price. I just so happen to be at my local computer store and saw an Asus GTX 970 Open Box for $189. Just look around. Ebay is a good place as well if you don't mind going used. People upgrade then sell their old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back