gtx 260
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
new to clover, the wiki doesn't specify settings by configurator.

should i use the "Old way" or "New Way" for the property fixes? when should i use one vs the other?

if i have firewire, usb, ide, etc., should i not check every box my motherboard has? or should i leave all of them blank and only use certain ones like fix shutdown, etc?

how do i know what cstates to use with my chipset? maybe there should be a sticky with what cstates are necessary with certain chipsets.

why would i use the multipliers in clover vs using them in my motherboard's bios if i'm overclocking?

in BOOT, what's whitelist and blacklist all about for "secure boot"? what's xmpDetection?

how do i know whether i need to Inject USB properties? how do i know if i need to FixOwnership? i'm having problems when i reboot, sometimes i need to unplug my keyboard and plug it back into another port to get it to work.

i've been using chameleon for about 4 years now, so i'm not new to hackintoshes, but i'm not sure what anything in the kernel and kext patches means. why would i use Kernel LAPIC? or Apple RTC? i understand what kexts are, why would i need to patch them at a boot loader level, and not patch them in my Extensions folder?

i'd be interested in starting a tutorial for this on another thread, but i wish there was something that explained this in more detail. the wiki isn't super detailed, it tells me some things, but doesn't explain when or why i'd check certain boxes. i'd rather know why i'd check a box to get things to work, rather than trial-and-error rebooting 50k times to see if something works or not.

thanks guys

new to clover, the wiki doesn't specify settings by configurator.

should i use the "Old way" or "New Way" for the property fixes? when should i use one vs the other?

if i have firewire, usb, ide, etc., should i not check every box my motherboard has? or should i leave all of them blank and only use certain ones like fix shutdown, etc?

how do i know what cstates to use with my chipset? maybe there should be a sticky with what cstates are necessary with certain chipsets.

why would i use the multipliers in clover vs using them in my motherboard's bios if i'm overclocking?

in BOOT, what's whitelist and blacklist all about for "secure boot"? what's xmpDetection?

how do i know whether i need to Inject USB properties? how do i know if i need to FixOwnership? i'm having problems when i reboot, sometimes i need to unplug my keyboard and plug it back into another port to get it to work.

i've been using chameleon for about 4 years now, so i'm not new to hackintoshes, but i'm not sure what anything in the kernel and kext patches means. why would i use Kernel LAPIC? or Apple RTC? i understand what kexts are, why would i need to patch them at a boot loader level, and not patch them in my Extensions folder?

i'd be interested in starting a tutorial for this on another thread, but i wish there was something that explained this in more detail. the wiki isn't super detailed, it tells me some things, but doesn't explain when or why i'd check certain boxes. i'd rather know why i'd check a box to get things to work, rather than trial-and-error rebooting 50k times to see if something works or not.

thanks guys

Have a read of 'Clover Wiki' for the answers and possible settings for your particular build. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back