Contribute
Register

Help with choosing between GA-Z87X-D3H and the GA-Z87X-UD3H (and general advise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.9 Mavericks
CPU
Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

This will be my first build and I am undecided between the GA-Z87X-D3H and the GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboards.

The other components include:

I plan to use the build for video editing, photography, web design, and graphics/illustration. I also plan for this build to lay out the foundation that I'll improve upon in the long run (upgrade everything I can when I can to make it last as long as possible).

Getting back to the motherboards, I am leaning towards the UD3H as it seems better suited for "hacking" and would be better if I decide to do overclocking. But more importantly than what I might do one day, I would prefer to choose the one that seems most compatible with hackintoshing. Is one more suited than the other?

For anyone who sees this, I thought I would update it.

I decided to drop the i3 and get an i5-4570, realizing that an i3 was probably a poor choice for what I do.
Also, I got a good deal on a GA-z87-D3HP, though I am still wondering if it is a good choice for hacking since it was never included on the Buyer's Guide.

I'll update this again once I have a successful build.

For anyone who sees this, I thought I would update it.

I decided to drop the i3 and get an i5-4570, realizing that an i3 was probably a poor choice for what I do.
Also, I got a good deal on a GA-z87-D3HP, though I am still wondering if it is a good choice for hacking since it was never included on the Buyer's Guide.

I'll update this again once I have a successful build.

From the hardware specifications I believe the GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard should also work.

Confirmed, I just built it this morning and am working through the issues while also doing work.

Current problems: audio not working, messages not working, can't seem to reset properly.

I am looking into the forums and found some leads on those issues but have to finish my Xmas shopping first!

When I am all done, I plan to pull together a log of my build and follow up to help others looking to use it.

Did you ever finish? Looking into building a Hack with same mobo. Any updates/ problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back