Contribute
Register

Help with Building a customac on a budget.(N00B here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 970
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi
im new to both Intel and Hackintosh. (more of a amd man)
SO anyway im building a customac and im trying to get a good system from little money (Damn budgets)
Heres what ive decided on getting....so far:think:

1. Intel Core i3-4330 S1150 3.50GHz 4MB

€121.13

1. Zalman T4 Black Mini Tower Case (M-ATX/M-ITX)

€23.09

1. Gigabyte H81M-HD3 S1150 Intel H81 DDR3 mATX

€52.39

1. Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Vengeance Black Performance Desktop Memory Kit

€84.79

1. Corsair 430W Builder Series CX 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply

€40.17

Since i need a monitor that has hdmi ill have to purchase one of those aswell (Current monitor is vga)
so what do you all think? is there anything else i could cheap out on?
im already reusing a HDD until i can afford a ssd later in the year.
im pretty sure all this is compatible but the only thing worrying me is the psu (and maybe the mobo) since im not sure if its haswell compatible and not sure if can use the motherboard without DSDT. if you have any helpful comments please let me know!

thanks for your help+Fast reply!
i wasn't sure if the motherboard could be used with DSDT Free.
oh and vga doesnt work with customacs right? looks like ill just need to buy a new HDMI monitor.

@superalphajellybean

Just a note: I did a build with a Z5 Zalman case just last year and the quality was about
average for the price range. One thing I didn't like was how thin the steel was for the
mobo backplate and around the rear I/O shield. It really bends and flexes quite a bit
during the install. Just remember to be careful with that and it should work ok.

yeah the reason im going with the Zalman T5 is because for one its cheap and doesn't look to bad at all. if i have some money left over from getting a new monitor il probably spend it on a better quality case but it will do nicely for the time being. would love to even get a Coolermaster N200

thanks for your help+Fast reply!
i wasn't sure if the motherboard could be used with DSDT Free.
oh and vga doesnt work with customacs right? looks like ill just need to buy a new HDMI monitor.

There is no need for most Gigabyte motherboards to use a DSDT these days. Some users will create one to solve certain issues on some boards. It is one of two options for those that want HDMI audio working.

You are correct VGA is dead in OS X land. Use DVI-D or HDMI
http://www.slashgear.com/vga-dead-by-2015-say-intel-amd-pcdisplay-makers-09118507/

Adrian B

I am also building this exact setup as far as the motherboard and cpu are concerned,I am also a noob here and looking for some advice.I have ordered a powermac G5 case and my main question is there anyway for me to use the stock g5 power supply or do I need to go ahead and add a PSU to my list of things I need.I have already committed an purchased the motherboard so I wanna also ask what osx runs on this setup?

Hmm I may just sell it to try to offset cost but that mod is looking pretty good becuase I will want it to look good in the case.Its gonna be a week or two before I order the psu and I'm gonna try to knock out the i3 cpu at the same time so I'll be ready to assemble it.This is what I have already bought.

Corsair ram 8gb

h81M -hd3 Motherboard

g5 case

250gb Hard drive

160gb Hard drive

8gb usb stick

Mavericks

Besides the i3 and the psu is their any other things that I am going to need to get this beast going? I am just asking for input because I know there is 10-20 things that I dont have a clue that I need so Im asking for help,I'm not blowing smoke or dreaming here I have actually bought these items and am going to try to get the other parts and anything else I need to get this finished within two weeks or so any input is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back