Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

First tonymacx86 post. Yay!

Anyways, I'm building a computer for use in college for the next four years. However, I cannot get the EVGA GTX 770 where I live. I can get the Asus GTX 770 Direct CU II. Is this GPU hackintosh compatible?

Parts:
CPU: 3930k
Mobo: Asus x79
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro
Fan: Noctua NH-D14
Drives: 2xSamsung 840 Pros (2x128GB RAID config)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4
GPU: Asus GTX 770 (?)

I read on a thread that the Asus GTX 770 works but things are pixelated and there are some display problems. I'm not the biggest computer expert but aren't the ASUS GTX 770 and the EVGA GTX 770 based off the same chip? I've read multiple times that the EVGA one works. Can anyone confirm that the Asus one works as well?

Thanks so much!

From what I have read, nobody is having issues with that card. To be safe, can you get the Windforce Gigabyte card?

Hi,

Are you talking about this card? If so, yes I can get my hands on it. Is this card better? Is it definitely Hackable?

Thanks so much!

Hi,
Are you talking about this card? Is this card better? Is it definitely Hackable?

So how did this story end? I want to buy the same Gigabyte GTX 770 windforce for a similar configuration:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...g-i7-4930k-ga-x79-ud5-gtx-770-2gb-issues.html

Does it work PERFECT on a Hackintosh? I especially want to use it for Premiere Pro and After effects where the CUDA cores are very important. It needs to render perfect without mistakes (and no I can not afford a very expensive Quadro)
Please keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back