Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Attachments

• IMG_2464.JPG
    IMG_2464.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 77
  • opencore 5820_X.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 91
Hi try this revised EFI Folder attached, I have updated some files to OC version 0.7.8 so hopefully you'll have more luck with this one.

PS. You had Lilu.kext in the wrong position in the kext tree, it must always be first, that is where new users to OC fails as the machine will not boot or panic if any other kext appears before that one. Hope this helps and Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 117
So, after using your EFI I have a karnel panic witch IONVMeController. I removed the Dell PCi-e 2x NVME 3.0 x4 023PX6 0NTRCY adapter and it appeared to my eyes.
So what is the cause? Adapter or NVMe drive (PC601 NVMe SK hynix)?

Attachments

• IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
The problem is clearly the drive. The installer starts when an empty adapter is plugged into the motherboard. On other sites I found information that this drive does not work with macOS.

I also tried installing Big Sur on a old 3.5 hard drive. Disk formatted as mac os extended (journaled). Unfortunately, the installer stops for: 12 minutes left.

On other sites I found information that this drive does not work with macOS.
Ah yes - There is a list posted somewhere here I think of Drives that are compatible and ones to avoid. Putting BS or Monterey on an old spin-up drive although doable is a bit cumbersome and very slow, you'd be better off finding a compatible 250 GB SSD Drive for the instalation.

Putting BS or Monterey on an old spin-up drive although doable is a bit cumbersome and very slow
In my case, it's probably not the drive's fault. Found a while today and tried to install Big Sur on the CT480BX500SSD1 drive. The installer sees the drive correctly. It formats itself correctly, creating an APFS disk partition. The entire installation stays on "12 minutes left".

EDIT v1

I updated OpenCore to the latest version. I also tried other configurations for the X299. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the same place.
Below is my last configuration. Maybe some of you will come up with an idea how to deal with it.

EDIT v2

I tried to bite the topic from a different side. Using the above Config. I installed Mac OS Catalina. Installer hung up for: 3 minutes left. I restarted my computer and was able to complete the installation. Catalina seemed to run very smoothly. All day testing - no breakdowns, except for one. Shutdown and restart did not work. I tried to upgrade to Big Sur from Catalina. Installer tried to restart the system causing kernel panic (reboot not working).
If I could fix the restart / shutdown problem, I might eventually stay on Catalina. However, I tried many solutions - to no avail.

Attachments

• OC_13.05.rar
    4.4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
In my case, it's probably not the drive's fault. Found a while today and tried to install Big Sur on the CT480BX500SSD1 drive. The installer sees the drive correctly. It formats itself correctly, creating an APFS disk partition. The entire installation stays on "12 minutes left".

EDIT v1

I updated OpenCore to the latest version. I also tried other configurations for the X299. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the same place.
Below is my last configuration. Maybe some of you will come up with an idea how to deal with it.
5820 xeon w2123 oc 0.8.0
Big Sur will clean install , should be similar with core x
bios settings ..... uefi ; above 4g decoding = on ; ahci=on ; legacy options = off ; vt-d=off ;
boot args .... npci=0x2000
smbios macpro7,1 / imacpro1,1 should work also
kexts - make sure to include usbinjectall when installing
I used wx7100 when installing , swapped in a spare nvidia quadro k4200 and system is still stable

Attachments

• 5820_w_config.plist
    29.8 KB · Views: 67
Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the same place. I have now installed the latest Catalina and will try to deal with the problem of shutting down / restarting the computer. Maybe that's what's causing the problem.
bios settings ..... uefi ; above 4g decoding = on ; ahci=on ; legacy options = off ; vt-d=off ;
What are the other bios settings in the section: system configuration, performance, power management?

I noticed two significant differences when installing Catalina vs Big Sur. Both crash before the end. Then restart the computer, in the case of Catalina I see a disk from which I can complete the installation. In the case of Big Sur, when I restart the computer manually, I can only see the installation pendrive.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-05-20-113604.txt
    256 KB · Views: 60
Give it up for today. I created a map of USB ports and USBPorts.kext. Everything loads fine with the XhciPortLimit option turned off. USB ports are working properly. It was supposed to help solve the problem with shutting down the computer. Did not help.
I will attach my DSDT file. Maybe some of You will come up with an idea.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    137.6 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back