Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo M93p
CPU
i5-4570T
Graphics
HD 4600
I bought the IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter, GBU521 dongle. It itself is working. I am having issues with airdrop. I'm fairly new to this whole hackintosh. I've googled and read the forums and can't see to find how to get this to work. When I click airdrop it says "The operation can’t be completed because the item can’t be found." Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.30.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.30.12 AM.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.34.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.34.08 AM.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.37.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.37.55 AM.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 85
uploaded screenshots, let me know if you need any other information.

Nope, I honestly tried and tried, then finally gave up.
I just want to confirm that I have Airdrop fully working using the Fenvi FV-T919. The card itself is plug and play. To get Airdrop fully working the way I wanted it, I went to
system preferences>network>wifi>advanced (bottom right)>TCP/IP
There will be a setting called "Configure IPv6." Click the drop-down box and select "Link-local only." Reboot your system and with wifi/bluetooth turned on and connected to your phone, it should now be able to transfer files.
Note: Your phone should be connected to the same wifi network, and connected to the computer via bluetooth.

If you use ethernet for browsing the internet and don't want to rely on wifi, this is what I had to do.
system preferences>network>wifi>advanced (bottom right)>TCP/IP
We have already set "Configure IPv6" to "Link-local only." No need to touch this.
The other setting in TCP/IP is "Configure IPv4." Click the drop-down menu and select "Off." Click Ok at the bottom right, then hit apply, and reboot.

Now under system preferences>network, the "Ethernet" should show a green dot with a connected status and the
"Wi-Fi" should show a yellow dot with a status that says "Self-Assigned IP." This will allow the Fenvi wifi/bluetooth card to be able to talk to other devices on the same wifi network, however, you will be using the ethernet connection for browsing, streaming, etc. As a final note, I'm using this card on Mojave 10.14.6 but people in the build guide I followed have also used the card in Catalina. Hope that helps!

Thank you, where did you get the Fenvi FV-T919?

Could someone help me with my Fenvi T919. I have bluetooth working and Wifi but Airdrop only partially works. I can send any file from my hackintosh to my iPhone but I can't send large files like large videos from my iPhone to the Hackintosh. I can send photos and other small files. when I click my iMac on the airdrop menu on my iPhone it keeps hanging at wait. I've tried logging out and logging back into iCloud but still no luck. Any guidance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back