Graphics
Radeon XFX 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I want to create a Hackintosh that I can use for general use (watching video, tunes, surfing) editing/creating music (Logic plus synths) and play fairly new games at a reasonable level of graphics (Crysis 2 etc and by reasonable I'm not expecting to play them in the highest quality, just that they have acceptable fps rates).

I've been looking through the lists of components in the build a CustoMac using Sandy Bridge processors, but am unsure as to which set I should be expecting to research and potentially use as my set-up.

I currently have in mind the second build with the motherboard of the third build (to allow me to extend the RAM in the future if I desire) Also adding in an SSD on which I would install OSX. Does this sound feasible? Am I on the right lines?

I am new, I would appreciate any help, I've searched around the board a bit, but am finding it hard to know what to search. If there is any topics related to my query that you know of, then past them in.

Any help is much appreciated, apologies for my current lack of contribution.

Nermid said:
So, I want to create a Hackintosh that I can use for general use (watching video, tunes, surfing) editing/creating music (Logic plus synths) and play fairly new games at a reasonable level of graphics (Crysis 2 etc and by reasonable I'm not expecting to play them in the highest quality, just that they have acceptable fps rates).

I've been looking through the lists of components in the build a CustoMac using Sandy Bridge processors, but am unsure as to which set I should be expecting to research and potentially use as my set-up.

I currently have in mind the second build with the motherboard of the third build (to allow me to extend the RAM in the future if I desire) Also adding in an SSD on which I would install OSX. Does this sound feasible? Am I on the right lines?

I am new, I would appreciate any help, I've searched around the board a bit, but am finding it hard to know what to search. If there is any topics related to my query that you know of, then past them in.

Any help is much appreciated, apologies for my current lack of contribution.

Look at this post viewtopic.php?f=79&t=23350
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20822

Hope that help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back