Graphics
HD4600+GT740m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
By reading some tutorials I learnt that the most proper way to disable nvidia card in dsdt is firstly using the method _DSM to change the value of OMPR to 0x03, and then calls method _PS3, which will call the method _OFF to turn of Nvidia card only when OMBR equals to 0x03. It is actually how the manufacturer designs to power off nvidia card. And I do find these methods in my dsdt and ssdts. But after I add some codes in the method _INI to do what I just said above.It doesn't have any effect. Nvidia card can still be found in the system info. Eventhough I directly call the method _OFF at the beginning of the method _INI, it still doesn't make any difference. Many people have successfully disabled nvidia using this method. I don't know why I can't . Can someone please take a look at my dsdt and ssdts to help me figure out the reason?I will really appreciate it.(Sorry for my English.Hope you can understand it.)

Attachments

• dsdt_ssdt.zip
    71.6 KB · Views: 66
I remove all graphics code to dsdt from ssdt.

1. I call _PS3 in Method(_INI) and Method(_WAK) to disable Nvidia card.

2. I use Rehabman's patch to patch the dsdt,so it would be able to adjust brightness.

so,here are files.
View attachment NoNvidia_And_Brightness.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back