Contribute
Register

Help - Ventura Freezing at Login

@medianjoe @Edhawk @UtterDisbelief @Feartech

[EDIT: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!! I'm up and running on Ventura, and everything appears to be working. God bless you and this site! Thank you!!! Happy Camper right now!!!!!!]

Ok, Installed Ventura on my main drive, and moved the working Ventura EFI onto the main drive EFI partition. Installation went well, got right in. Bluetooth icon is lit up in the toolbar, BUT, it won't connect. It just won't connect to either my Magic Keyboard or my Magic Trackpad. They show up. I see the "connect" button, but I press it and it just spins and then disappears. :( It's the EXACT same EFI I used on my Ventura drive, and Bluetooth information is showing up in the System Report. Attaching the current EFI with redacted config.plist. SO @#$% CLOSE!

[Strike that... no sooner did I hit "Submit," than the Magic Keyboard connected. But still no luck with the Magic Trackpad.]

[Edit 2: Strike THAT! Magic Trackpad just connected!!!]

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 6.27.47 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 6.35.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Ventura EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
@Edhawk Just a coda here. After several unsuccessful attempts to create a Catalina drive, I did something I don't often do: I booted into Windows. Following a very detailed guide I found, I used USBMap Tool for Windows to create a new port map, and, yes; Windows discovered a LOT more ports than Hackintool did (I know it's the OS, not the excellent Hackintool). Went through discovery and elimination to get it down to 15, and now I have my healthiest port map ever. Everything I plug up now works, including the external optical drive I had posted about in another forum topic.

Back