HD 530 / 1920 X 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi everyone,

So I was able to install Catalina 10.15.6 on my Optiplex 3040 micro with the specs below:
Intel Core i5-6500T
500GB Samsung EVO SSD
On-board Intel HD 530 Graphics
On-board LAN

So the issue I was experiencing was sleep/wake up is broken and I believe it was due to USB port mapping.
I tried mapping my USB ports, but after applying the SSDT I created, I am getting stuck on the login screen as the mouse and keyboard is not working.

Appreciate if someone can help me resolve my issue.

I've attached my SSDT if anyone wants to take a look.
The USB Map image were created by me based on IORegistry Explorer port discovery.

Attachments

• USB Map.jpg
    USB Map.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 51
  • SSDT-USB.aml
    498 bytes · Views: 49
Last edited:
After a quick review of your SSDT-USB.aml I would state that a number of the USB ports are incorrectly identified.

All HSXX ports connected to a USB3 port need to be set as USB3 (0x03) not USB2 (zero), i.e. HS01, HS02, HS04 and HS05 should all be set as USB3.

According to the User Manual for your Dell system, there is a single internal USB2 port. probably used for connecting the original Intel Bluetooth connection.

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 17.00.04.pngUSB2 ports highlighted, confirming single internal port

Have you swapped the Intel WiFi/BT card for a compatible Broadcom WIFI/BT card?

Are you sure the rear USB3 ports have been identified correctly, it is not common for USB3 ports to mix numbers, they are more commonly like the ones on the front of your system, i.e. the HS and SS numbers match on each physical port.

Hi @Edhawk thanks for looking into this. Appreciate it.
I was able to map my ports successfully just last night by using a fork of usbinjectall.
I'm not using any wifi/bluetooth card so I just disabled it. Now my only remaining issue was the iMessage. It just don't work if I use my new iCloud account signed in on my another hack (Ryzen 5, MacPro7,1) but is working when I try to use my old account with credit card. I tried adding card to my new account and purchased from the App Store but still it doesn't work.
1601250635309.png

BTW, Yes I'm pretty sure that I was able to identify the names correctly. A USB 2.0 plugged and HS04 populated. After unplugging and plugging in a USB 3.0 device on the same port, SS03 is the one popped up and not the SS04. I know this one's weird.

1601251254422.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back